YOUR ROLE, IN A NUTSHELL
At Glass Canvas, we trust our executive team to transform complex business challenges into creative solutions, always fostering a culture of continual learning and passion. As the Chief Revenue Officer, you will be pivotal in accelerating our revenue growth, leading initiatives from generating leads and negotiating customer contracts to closing new sales and nurturing existing client relationships. Expanding beyond sales and marketing, your responsibilities will also encompass overseeing client services, ensuring exemplary client satisfaction, fostering retention, and facilitating account growth. Your role will involve close collaboration with various departments, such as product and finance, to ensure our revenue strategies align seamlessly with the broader objectives of the company. This role, brimming with challenges, is the ideal fit for a creative problem solver who is passionate, always eager to learn, and driven to make a significant impact.
Founded in 2011, our mission is to form resilient disciples by connecting and empowering every part of the Church. We integrate digital tools, ministry partnerships, data, and strategy consulting to equip the Church to reinvigorate the faithful and foster deep spiritual community.
At the heart of Glass Canvas, we are about unlocking the ministry potential of our customers through equipping them with unified infrastructure, formation resources, and ongoing mission support. We believe in the power of unity and resilience, shaping the Church of today and tomorrow.
Unified Digital Infrastructure:
We believe the Church functions best when it is working together as one. A single infrastructure for the Church allows us to collaborate and co-innovate for a stronger, more unified mission.
Formation Resources & Accompaniment Tools:
Our accompaniment toolkit is built for human and spiritual formation in today's world so you can holistically and effectively reach and form your people.
Grounded in a passion for ministry backed by years of practical experience, we want to ensure your teams are well-equipped to meet their ministry goals. Offering assistance whenever you encounter challenges and for the long-haul.
- Identify new business opportunities, whether that's new markets, new partnerships with other businesses, new ways to reach existing markets, or new product or service offerings to better meet the needs of existing markets.
- The ability to understand our business and market in depth in order to help the company frame the value of our product and services to our clients.
- With support from the executive leadership team, develop competitive pricing strategies and packaging models that maximize revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Manage and direct the entire sales funnel, from lead generation to deal closure, ensuring efficient and effective sales processes.
- Implement and optimize sales processes, tools, and technologies to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- In partnership with the CEO, develop and execute a comprehensive revenue growth strategy that aligns with the company's overall business objectives and long-term vision.
- Oversee marketing initiatives to ensure the company's value proposition is effectively communicated, and that the marketing strategies support the sales goals.
- Work closely with the finance and sales operations teams to accurately forecast recurring revenue growth as well as annual contract values total contract value related to
- Utilize data analytics and market insights to assess pipeline health, sales projections, and potential risks and opportunities.
- Oversee contract negotiations with customers, ensuring favorable terms and conditions that protect the company's interests while fostering strong customer relationships.
- Structuring complex enterprise deals. This might involve defining terms, developing pricing strategies, and negotiating contracts.
Customer Retention / Growth
- Oversee the Client Services team to identify strategies that enhance customer satisfaction, product adoption, and overall customer lifetime value. Implement programs and initiatives aimed at reducing churn and increasing upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key clients, partners, and stakeholders to drive customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention.
- See that the voice of the customer is heard within the organization. This means advocating for client needs when making strategic decisions and driving customer-centric culture throughout the company.
- Ensuring client satisfaction involves defining and monitoring key customer satisfaction metrics, establishing and managing feedback systems, analyzing customer feedback to drive improvements in products or services, resolving major client issues, communicating effectively with clients, and fostering a customer-centric culture within the organization.
Key Performance Indicators
- Use data to analyze trends, make forecasts, and measure the success of sales and marketing strategies. This involves the use of key performance indicators (KPIs) and other metrics which include but are not limited to Average deal size, Net Dollar Retention Rate, Annual Recurring Revenue Growth, Profit Margin, Cost of Acquisition, Life-time Value, etc..
- Monitor and report on key sales and revenue metrics, providing regular updates to the executive team and board of directors.
- Driving revenue growth and achieving revenue goals across the organization. This responsibility entails establishing revenue targets, developing strategies, and implementing initiatives to maximize revenue generation.
- Strong understanding of our market and our clients organizational structure is a plus.
- Proven track record of success in a senior leadership role within a SaaS company, preferably as a CRO or VP of Sales.
- Experience selling software solutions, preferably in the ministry or non-profit sector.
- The ability to discern and comprehend the unique challenges, opportunities, and needs that ministries encounter within specific cultural, social, and faith contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to close new sales and achieve revenue targets consistently.
- Strong understanding of the SaaS sales process and experience overseeing the entire sales funnel.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and guide a sales team to achieve outstanding results.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to analyze market dynamics and make data-driven decisions.
- Results-oriented with a focus on meeting or exceeding revenue goals.
- Proactive and adaptable, able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.