The Regional Account Manager, Commercial (RAM) is a strategic, consultative sales professional responsible for prospecting, cultivating and penetrating sales within selected (named) corporate/regional accounts. The RAM also prospects for large, strategic corporate customers that can be added into the portfolio. Following the FXO sales process, this position will identify, acquire, activate and grow FedEx Office customers. The RAM serves as the primary contact for developing long-term customer relationships and negotiating, securing, and activating program purchase commitments at established price levels. The RAM uses business acumen to identify unique solutions from the FedEx Office (FXO) suite of products and services that match the customers' business objectives. The portfolio's assigned customers are primarily located in L.A. County. Applicants should reside in Southern California.
General Duties And Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Serves as a trusted advisor to the customer using a proactive, strategic approach, while developing tactical plans to drive the strategy and revenue delivery
- Achieves all sales activity standards, and revenue and performance objectives related to retention and growth of both existing and new customer prospects
- Upon identifying customer business objectives, identifies and demonstrates how FXO products and services meet customer needs
- Develop strategies to grow, enhance and maintain long-term profitable customer relationships
- Actively partner with both Sales and Operations leadership
- Engage resources required, both corporate and field, to support sales implementation and activation efforts
- Function as liaison between customer and FXO corporate teams, plus vendor partners as needed
- Manage the entirety of assigned customers and travel when necessary to locations (with possible national travel) within the account, as required to include scheduling and conducting regular in-person visits to new and existing customers
- Provide pricing information and pricing levels to named account base, per established pricing guidelines
- Interact with Sales leadership and support resources to develop and execute sales strategies for existing customers and new business development
- Participate in the identification and qualification of new customer prospects, and provide relevant information to be considered for the customer base
- Initiate marketing activities to activate FXO services to defined customer segments
- Ensure that customers are trained to utilize the FXO ordering and purchasing guidelines for products
- Drive target products and promotions, as directed
- Work with other sales resources in a team selling capacity to include involvement with other FedEx operating companies and secondary coverage to national customers, as assigned
- Refer project management, including outsourcing coordination, to appropriate Operations resources
- Direct, plan and assist in customer recovery as appropriate
- Build and maintain a robust and accurate pipeline of business at established standards inside of the FXO customer relationship management (CRM) tool
- Maintain accurate customer relationship management (CRM) system data, including daily activities and account updates
- Work and utilize the extensive FedEx sponsorship programs to host key clients and strengthen customer relationships
- Maximize the FedEx value delivered to each and every customer by working cross functionally within FXO, Services and the other FedEx Operating companies
- All other duties as needed or required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of business-to-business solutions selling experience required with a focus on prospecting new customers and developing existing business relationships
- Demonstrated business math and intermediate computer skills with MS Office
- High level of experience in sales planning, sales proposals, and selling the value propositions appropriate to corporate level customers and others in the organization
- Demonstrated understanding of sales financial targets/quotas with proven successful results
- Strong conceptual selling, presentation, closing and organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated, with a strong appetite for learning
- Articulate; uses clear, convincing and tailored communication
- Proven selling skills and knowledge of value propositions
- Recognized flexible disposition; open to coaching and feedback
- Experience within the document solutions or product offerings industry, preferred but not required
- Experience utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software programs, preferred
- Presents a personal professional image
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Colorado, Nevada, New York, California, Rhode Island and Washington Residents Only - Compensation: Annual Salary: $64,480.00 - $95,500.00. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range or starting rate of candidates hired in Colorado and/or Nevada and/or New York and/or Washington and/or California and/or Rhode Island. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your work location, how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role. This information is provided to applicants in accordance to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the Nevada Pay Transparency Law, the New York City Pay Transparency Law, Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act and the California Equal Pay Act and the Rhode Island Pay Equity Act.
Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
Employee Benefits: Comprehensive and competitive benefits eligibility including Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP. 401K Disability, Life Insurance, ESPP, Sick Time, Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay
FedEx Office is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing. America's Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
FedEx Office will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, including throughout the application and hiring process, if requested. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations in the application or hiring process should email HR.Recruiting@fedex.com.
FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate's criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. If you are applying in Philadelphia, PA, you can click here to learn about Philadelphia's fair chance hiring law.
For more information, click here.