Worker Bee Tea & Coffee is an independent company based in Edgeley (Stockport). Trading since 2010 we focus on supplying local independent HoReCa businesses and B2C. Worker Bee Tea & Coffee offers a complete product range including leaf teas, chocolate, coffee and equipment. We pride ourselves in quality, local supply and customer service second to none in the Greater Manchester area. Giving back is key to our ethos and proudlysupport two local charities Forever Manchester and Maggie’s.
You will have a real drive to develop and implement new systems and processes bringing out the best in people. You will be responsible for improving sales and processes including day-to-day management of the field-based sales force. Working closely with the MD to improve the structure and strategy between “the field” and linking it with the office. Driving growth in current and new channels will also be a key responsibility of the role. You will have direct Account Management responsibilities on key accounts.
You have a proven field sales background, have managed a team (not a prerequisite) and have a desire to learn and grow. You are motivated, forward thinking, commercially minded and thrive on a challenge. Ideally you will be from a coffee sales background or have experience in the coffee industry including equipment. If you want to make a real difference, join our small family-owned independent business and be part of a great journey then this could be the position for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage day-to-day operations of the sales force. This will include setting targets and managing results. From planning, HR, account management and sales support to deliver company objectives.
· The role is split between home, field and Head Office depending on business requirements.
· Account management a portfolio of key accounts in the business to achieve maximum potential.
· Reviewing and implementing clear KPIs with the achievement of performance targets whether these are financial or non-financial.
· Promote our client-driven culture to all colleagues, ensuring customer satisfaction and leading by example with on-the-job leadership.
· Identifying areas of improvement to include process & systems implementation and evaluation as well as new business opportunities and channels.
· Identify improvements on systems between the field and office to improve efficiency and results.
· Get stuff done! – You will have a tenacious character that can help sort out the varied and constant daily challenges that come with running a SME business and the associated employee issues. You will have methodical critical thinking skills.
· Identify opportunities and play a key part in the next stage of our journey. You must live, breathe, and be immersed in our brand.
· Working closely with the MD on long term strategy and direction whilst still being focused on the day-to-day operations. Strategic thinking is key, you must be able to work to pace, adapt to change and deliver results through your people.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of HR/employment law and Health & Safety compliance regulations.
- You are a natural people person, with high emotional intelligence that can understand 'true hospitality'.
- Proven B2B sales experience in the coffee market.
- Experience developing reporting systems and progression of our recently introduced CRM system.
- Currently living in Greater Manchester area or nearby.
- Proven sales background, account management and ideally direct people management.
- Strong coaching skills that can achieve results through collaboration to lead to success.
- An excellent communicator, you can build strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Excellent literacy, numeracy skills, adept at managing and understanding financial data.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to plan and prioritise workload.
Salary: £37,000 to £40,000
Holidays: 28 days (including Bank Holidays)
Working hours: 34hrs/ week (Friday afternoon off)
Bonus: Up to 10% of salary
Other Benefits: Company Car/Car Allowance; Mobile/Laptop
Location: Office Based/Field Based
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £37,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stockport: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Business development: 1 year (preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person