In 2021 Turntide acquired three North East businesses to establish our presence in the UK – those businesses were Borg Warner in Gateshead, Hyperdrive in Sunderland and Avid in Cramlington. The acquisitions allowed us to extend our Smart Motor System to the transportation sector and help turn the tide on climate change.
There is a massive change happening across Transportation. Companies are working furiously to develop new electrified platforms to meet the demands of their customers and do their part to reduce carbon emissions. Our Turntide for Electrification solutions help ease the customer journey and accelerate their transition. The faster they can transform, the better it is for our planet.
A Sales Operations Specialist’s primary responsibility will be to support several functions including, but not limited to, order processing, data, and contract management, reporting and analytics, sales process, and tools. This role will work closely with cross-functional teams to support the strategic direction of the Sales organization. This role is a great fit for a self-starter who enjoys driving business impact and operational efficiency, can serve as an internal consultant (e.g., problem solver) and owner, and will have the opportunity for significant exposure and visibility across the business. Travel to our sites in Sunderland and Cramlington may be required but the base location for the role is Gateshead.
In this role the Sales Operations Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Review submitted sales contracts and Purchase Orders for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to order acceptance policies.
- Process contract and sales orders and ensure clean bookings in compliance with company policy.
- Review salesforce opportunities for accuracy
- Support Sales team with forecast and reporting
- Partner with operations teams to ensure that systems, finance, compensation, and legal are aligned on deals and deal structures, variances between systems, and required changes.
- Support customers with order status, updates, delays, and discrepancies
- Provide salesforce training as needed
Experience And Skills
We’re looking for candidates with the following experience and skills:
- Solid sales operations (or comparable) experience in a high growth environment
- Strong Salesforce.com and MS Office (mainly Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint), experience is essential
- Creative problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle and get things done
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Ability to work well in groups
- Exceptional communication skills and proven ability to create and manage initiatives across numerous cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills, self-starter, and can quickly identify and resolve inefficiencies across the business
- High-energy, a positive attitude, and accountability are critical for success in this role
- Strong customer service focus, written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to synthesize information into actionable insights and contribution to both creating and executing business strategies
- Must be able to function as part of a team and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid/flexible working options
- Enhanced Company pension scheme
- Life insurance annual salary
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption & SPL
- Employee assistance wellbeing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gym and restaurant (Gateshead site only)
- Eyecare support
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to purchase an additional five day’s annual leave
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Turntide Technologies is committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of recruitment and selection, in line with its Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy in addition to our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination; to advance equality of opportunity. As such, any applicant with a disability will not be excluded unless unable to perform a duty intrinsic to the role, having considered reasonable adjustments. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be made to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged because of their disability.
Please contact the UK Recruitment team to discuss or request any reasonable adjustments or find out any further information regarding this position.
Direct applications only. No unsolicited Staffing Recruitment Firm submissions will be accepted. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Turntide Technologies.
Terms and Conditions
I understand that disclosure of my gender and ethnicity (“Voluntary Disclosures”) is completely voluntary and will not be used to administer by application for employment. This information will only be used for diversity, equity and inclusion purposes.
I also understand and acknowledge all personal information, except for the Voluntary Disclosures, provided herein or collected in the future by the hiring company (“Company”) may be collected, used, or disclosed to administer my application of employment and this information may be shared with Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries for employment consideration purposes, as well as with third parties who perform related recruitment services on Company’s behalf. These third parties are not authorized by Company to use or disclose application information, except as necessary to perform services on Company’s behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
I further understand that my personal information will be kept confidential, secure, and may be stored by Company and/or third parties in various locations worldwide, including the USA, Canada and the UK.
I consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of my personal information provided to Company for purposes noted herein, including the Voluntary Disclosures for diversity, equity and inclusion reporting purposes. Except for consent relating to Voluntary Disclosures, I understand that if consent is withheld or revoked, my application will be withdrawn.
I verify that all statements made in my application for employment are true and correct and understand that any false statement shall disqualify me from employment. For additional information regarding Company’s applicant privacy policies and the collection, use or disclosure of personal information in connection with submitting an application for employment, please refer to the Applicant Privacy Notice.