Established in 1946, Aspen Skiing Company, also known as Aspen Snowmass, owns and operates four mountains—Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk—creating premium, sustainable and transformative experiences in recreation, culture, and nature. In addition, the company runs the award-winning Aspen Snowmass Ski & Snowboard School, Four Mountain Sports rental and retail shops, and a collection of sustainably-sourced on-mountain food & beverage outlets. Aspen Skiing Company also owns Aspen Hospitality, which is comprised of The Little Nell and Limelight Hotel brands and ASPENX, a contemporary retail and experience brand. Across all divisions, Aspen Skiing Company works to drive positive social change through climate, community, and minority group advocacy and investment. For more information about Aspen Snowmass, visit www.aspensnowmass.com.
This Sales Operations Manager is primarily the administrative leader of the sales department. This individual manages daily fiscal responsibility including the annual department expense budgets for domestic, group and international sales teams. Collaborates with all members on projects outside of listed scope based on needs to generate revenue for the company.
The budgeted salary range for this position is $77,747 - $87,000. Actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience, all our salaried roles are eligible for bonus.
Essential Job Functions
- Weekly, daily and monthly reporting including tracking and reporting revenue data
- Management of invoicing and assigned expense budget items
- Provide group services support to customers and lodges
- Respond to customer and client needs, and requests for information
- Coordination of community relations meetings and events
- Plan customer events and promotions – some client hosting involved
- Know and support ASC’s Guiding Principles and Greentrack, ASC’s environmental commitment
- Lead familiarization trips for domestic target customers
- Responsible for meeting, site tour (FAM) and event planning
- Responsible for budgeting including management of all invoices and reconciling month end actuals to budget
- Project manage and proof all department reports, communications, training materials, brand guidelines and any other projects that need leadership
- Serve as lead departmental analyst for pricing & promotion performance and competitive assessment
- Processes department invoices
- Conduct system data management/entry
- Keep a running forecast of expenses against budget and assists with annual budget preparation
- Prepare and distribute annual tour operator contracts, manage shipping accounts and budget
- Organization of resources including internal drives, SharePoint, collateral, storage, assets, display materials, and shipping
- Lead international shipping efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years of administrative or analytics experience required
- Professional presentation required
- Organization and analytic skills required
- Efficiency in excel required
- College degree preferred
- Knowledge and experience with group services, contract management, Salesforce and Office365 required
- Proficiency in excel and data management
- Strong typing, computer and phone skills, including excel spread sheets and database management
- Basic accounting and budget management skills
- Flexibility to work on weekends and evenings, when needed
Supervision given and received
Supervision given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision received: Works under general supervision of Director of Sales. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and physical demands
Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements
No adverse or hazardous conditions
Not required, but preferred to be able to occasionally lift, push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. By accepting a position with Aspen Skiing Company, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. To request accommodation during the application and interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 970-300-7700.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit www.aspensnowmass.com/employment/benefits-and-perks
As of March 11th 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, ASPENX, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety here