The Director, Global Sales Operations is responsible for the development and implementation of the commercial strategy for the Life Sciences Laboratory Products(LSLPG), Genetic Sciences (GSG), Global Cell Gene Therapy(CGT), and Bioproduction (BPG) businesses in North America. This role will accelerate revenue growth by understanding of the market, complemented through organizational design, talent management, and commercial processes, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with our customers and channel partners as well as working closely with all functions to drive customer happiness.
The successful incumbent will have a track record of challenging the status quo and driving change, while continually raising both revenue and performance expectations and driving commercial efficiency. This strategic commercial professional will have validated experience and can build strategic plans to enable agility to adapt to the constantly evolving marketplace, adopting technology to accelerate results (such as CRM, digital marketing and virtual demos/meetings). The incumbent will have a confirmed history of running a highly focused sales operating mechanism, delivering on results and outstanding functional leadership skills forming the teams capabilities to be the best in industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This individual’s responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following specific responsibilities:
- Commercial strategy development, inclusive of people, processes, go to market channels, and broader commercial resources.
- Proactive talent management, understanding what good performance looks like incremental to budgetary performance; experience crafting commercial structures to improve investment and growth. Work closely with regional and divisional partners to align resources, sales and marketing plans to deliver the revenue goals for the region.
- Partner with other Groups and Divisions to better understand comprehensive customer analytics in support of One Thermo Fisher. Accept and drive commercial subject area through sales and marketing analytics. Collaborate with regional Sales Operations teams to align business and reporting processes globally. Drive collaboration between divisional Sales Analyst Teams to provide a cohesive reporting experience across all Shared Services.
- Develop and maintain up to date knowledge of products, markets and customer buying practices required to effectively lead a sales operations team to contend and grow the business. Use extensive knowledge of customer activities and goals to develop and mentor to high impact strategic selling methodology.
- Partner with critical customers to drive alignment among company standard, best practice, and business specifics. Leads the strategy and execution of sales enablement programs across the commercial organization. Employ and embrace productivity tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the selling organization.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with strategically important customer executives and managers.
- Serve as a role model and mentor to the sales team in all aspects of the sales process and customer relationship management.
- Consistently supervise and handle performance to leading indicators including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and commercial activity with CRM.
- Work collaboratively with other Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial teams to accelerate growth and improve the overall customer value proposition.
- Lead expenses to an annual operating plan.
- Lead a team of 5 direct reports and 9 indirect reports.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA required.
- Requires 10 years' of validated experience in Sales Operations. Sales and Sales management experience preferred.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence related business functions. Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze data and translate into meaningful, practical findings. Experience in commercial team management, sales strategies and personal selling efficiency, analytical and problem-solving skills, communications skills, client relationship management skills, industry/market analysis skills, and business planning skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills. Extensive knowledge of Commercial Analytics domains. Must be proficient on the utilization of technology in Sales (Salesforce CRM platforms, PowerBI dashboards, Content Management platform, etc.). Experience with the Agile methodology and Jira platform preferred. Sophisticated SQL skills and/or relational database experience preferred.
- Experience in the life sciences market with understanding of current driven dynamics and consistent track record to succeed in those conditions, preferred but not required.
- Process driven, experience with predictive critical metrics, sales cycle management, samples, quoting, discounts and sales forecasting.
- Proven record to work optimally in a matrixed internal company environment.
- Experience with financial planning, sales analytics and financial root-cause analysis is preferred.
- Estimated ~25% travel.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 outstanding minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and give to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Compensation And Benefits
The salary range estimated for this position based in New York is $145,500.00-$240,125.00.
This position may also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our U.S. colleagues and their families can count on, which includes:
- A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan, including health incentive programs
- Employee assistance and family support programs, including commuter benefits and tuition reimbursement
- At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave), accident and life insurance, and short- and long-term disability in accordance with company policy
- Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) U.S. retirement savings plan
- Employees’ Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) offers eligible colleagues the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount
For more information on our benefits, please visit: https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/total-rewards