Our organization is a leading consumer electronics manufacturer ($100M plus in revenues) with over 5,000 products and 15 leading national brands. Our EDI Administrator is responsible for processing, troubleshooting, and analyzing all EDI transmissions for our B2B clients. This is a FULLY ONSITE ROLE, Monday through Friday, 9am - 6pm.
EDIS System Administration:
- Administer and maintain the organization’s EDI systems, including setup, configuration, and ongoing monitoring.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as applying updates, patches, and backups, to ensure system stability and security.
- Collaborate with IT teams to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to EDI systems and interfaces.
- Trading Partner Onboarding:
- Coordinate and facilitate the onboarding process for new trading partners, ensuring timely and accurate setup of EDI connections.
- Work closely with business stakeholders and trading partners to gather requirements, map data elements, and establish EDI transaction sets.
- Conduct testing and validation of EDI transactions with trading partners to ensure successful data exchange.
- Data Mapping and Translation:
- Develop and maintain EDI maps and translation rules to facilitate the conversion of data between internal systems and various EDI formats (e.g., EDIFACT, ANSI X12).
- Collaborate with business analysts and system owners to understand data requirements and map them to appropriate EDI structures.
- Monitor and troubleshoot data translation errors, identify root causes, and implement corrective actions.
- EDI Operations Monitoring:
- Monitor EDI system operations, including data transmissions, acknowledgments, and error logs, to ensure smooth data flow and identify potential issues.
- Investigate and resolve EDI errors and exceptions, working closely with internal teams and trading partners to address issues promptly.
- Monitor and maintain EDI-related documentation, including trading partner agreements, data maps, and technical specifications.
Compliance and Standards:
- Stay up-to-date with industry standards, regulations, and best practices related to EDI, such as HIPAA, ASC X12, and EDIFACT.
- Ensure compliance with trading partner requirements, legal obligations, and data privacy regulations in EDI transactions.
- Collaborate with internal compliance teams to implement and enforce data security measures and privacy policies.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ years of professional experience in EDI administration, including system setup, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- B2B Consumer products background required
- Strong knowledge of EDI standards (e.g., ANSI X12, EDIFACT) and EDI transaction sets (e.g., 850, 810, 856).
- Proficiency in data mapping and translation using EDI tools and technologies.
- Familiarity with EDI communication protocols, such as AS2, FTP, SFTP.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal teams and external trading partners.