At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Director, Premium Sales, and Strategy based in our Daytona Beach, Florida office.
The Senior Director, National Premium Sales & Strategy role leads the sales, strategy, and culture of the NASCAR Premium Sales Department as well as supporting both the Group Sales and Consumer Sales Departments. This role ensures that stakeholders across the team, regions, broader company, and industry are in sync with and held accountable for the successful execution of Premium Sales deliverables.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Partner with the Managing Director to aid in the development of premium sales strategies, customer engagement experiences, and successful event executions.
- Directly oversee the premium sales team day to day sales operations.
- Manage and analyze sales production for each premium sales team member.
- Spearheaded development of premium offering expansion opportunities.
- Create, develop, and foster an outbound sales culture that maximizes premium sales and revenue generated through converted face-to-face/virtual appointments, outbound calls, and email touchpoints.
- Ongoing support and guidance for NASCAR Sales Academy leaders.
- Provide team with opportunities and guidance to grow their skill sets and establish career paths.
- Achieve departmental sales and revenue goals, leading by example while supporting all track-related outbound sales initiatives.
- Oversee and approve in-line path promotions quarterly for each sales group
- Establish and develop relationships and open communications with track and senior sales leaders.
- Responsible for recruiting, developing, managing, and mentoring team leaders.
- Develop strong relationships with ticket operations leadership to ensure seamless operations, sales, communications, and successful events.
- Partner and communicate with other corporate and tracking departments to ensure continuity of sales initiatives with premium sales.
- Travel requirement: 20% including weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sport Management, Marketing, or a related field preferred
- Minimum experience of 5 years in the sports and entertainment industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel, Word, and Outlook. Proficient with internet programs and applications, i.e., Tickets.com ticket-selling system. Previous CRM Platform experience is required.
- Previous management/supervisory experience
- Experience leading business development sales teams across a broad product mix ranging from individual, group, premium, and membership sales
- Experience carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Experience leading in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders, ideally in local and national offices
- Must possess strategic and creative thought to spur fresh ideas driving B2B revenue
- Customer service focus; committed to catering to potential clients at every level
- Ability to effectively present information to management and prospects in both oral and written form
- Proven success in running a ticketing sales organization in the sports industry and meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities, and leadership skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask
- Ability to manage budgets effectively
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.