London (Oval), United Kingdom
Full-time - Immediate
Our mission is to change the world of education recruitment.
Schools spend over £2bn a year on agency staff, with over £600m per year of that spent on fees that go straight to the recruitment agencies. So far, we've saved UK schools over £2m in supply teaching recruitment costs, and that number grows every day, meaning the funding can be put back into education within the schools.
Using our online platform, schools have access to hundreds of profiles of fully vetted teachers and support staff, who they can book at a click of a button. Think Uber for teachers.
This year, we are excited to launch our brand new graduate program where you will rotate across several core functions of the business, spending 6-9 months in each department:
This will give you unique exposure to how a business comes together, and you will learn a multitude of skills from both the variety of tasks you will work on and the experience of the different teams you will be part of.
Your chance to make a difference:
This is your chance to join a high growth tech startup on the ground floor as a graduate. We are passionate about learning and development, and aim to maximise both your personal and career growth.
What you'll be doing:
- The graduate program is a unique opportunity to fast-track your career by getting experience in multiple different functions of a fast growing business
- You’ll be interacting with customers from day one. That will mean calling candidates, schools and learning to manage a large workload effectively
- Gain invaluable sales and customer service skills
- Work to targets and have a say in the functions you rotate to every 6-9 months
- Take ownership of relationships with SEND schools, PRUs, APs and Hospital Schools including retention, expansion and new business
What we're looking for:
- Top performer that wants to be part of a high-performing, motivated team
- Proven track record of hitting targets in any capacity (this could be university deadlines, achieving milestones in an extracurricular activity, etc.)
- Growth mindset — dedicated to growing your skills as a professional
- Ambition to develop a career in commercial roles including sales and account management
- Passion for companies that have a positive social impact and the education sector
- Drive to develop a career in technology start-ups
What's in it for you?
- Work that you want to talk about
- Competitive salary
- Ownership in the company
- 25 days of holiday
- Central London office with perks like fresh fruit, yoga classes, bike parking, showers and an on-site gym and café
- Regular team and company-wide socials
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem that makes a difference
- Continuous training and professional development to keep you learning and growing your career every day
- 1-1 coaching
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Diversity and Inclusion
At Zen, we strive to build a culture of equity and inclusion, where everyone is respected, valued and appreciated for their unique traits, experiences and perspectives. We are committed to creating a safe, inclusive and equitable environment where our team can thrive, regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, disability, religion or beliefs. We value our differences and believe that practices of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion help us create a fairer, more compassionate environment for all.
We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and different experiences and perspectives — just like the staff who teach through Zen and the children at the schools we work with. We believe in hiring the best people from the widest pool and creating an inclusive culture where people’s voices are heard and all our team can look forward to coming to work.
We are committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and promoting an equitable and inclusive environment for all. We seek out diverse opinions, beliefs, and experiences because they collectively make us stronger; we’ve had former teachers, pilots, fundraisers, engineers, lawyers, marketers, social media experts and more join our team.