Job Description Summary
The Sales Director is responsible for managing the Americas Enterprise Sales Team with assigned direct accounts or accounts with shared sales responsibility from channel partners. Responsibilities will include setting and achieving quotas through focus on Automation, Historian, and MES license growth. The successful leader will be responsible for transforming the existing sales organization into a new logo/hunting first mindset team, change acceleration in embracing lean principles, and developing best practices and operations (Account Plans, Deal Reviews, and Close Plans) that facilitate the execution of strong order and revenue achievement.
- Did you know that research has shown that women [ and people of color ] are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet 100% of the requirements? GE Digital is committed to building an inclusive workplace where everyone feels like they belong and can bring their entire selves to work – this drives our innovation! Even if you don’t meet every one of the preferred criteria in this job description, we encourage you to still apply as you might be a fantastic fit for this role, or other currently open roles.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Develop and implement sales account plans with the team to identify and build relationships with relevant decision makers and influencers to enable effective two-way flow of information and resolution of issues. Guide team to manage ongoing relationships, ensuring customer’s needs are met and recommendations for changes based on customer or channel partner input.
- Define appropriate metrics, assess activities, and recommend improvements based on sales tool research. Work with Sales Operations to provide funnel growth and forecasting reports for each account and opportunity in SFDC.
- Use comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on maintaining high performance. Apply a change management mindset to the planning, execution, and monitoring of business activities during times of instability (such as seen during Covid).
- Understand customer processes to guide team in managing customer/org team alignment and customer/org process alignment.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams (e.g., sales, marketing, products) to align implementation of initiatives around prioritized customer segments targeted by the sales team. Coordinate with marketing/sales ops.
- Maneuver comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics. For example, appreciates the main elements of the organizational culture and politics; gives others advice on how to operate effectively. Brings initiatives to the attention of those who can act as champions and advocates.
- Performance management of the Americas sales team as well as business development duties for new markets and logos.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of Automation, Historian, and MES product lines, vertical markets such as Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods, partnerships with regional system integrators, and involvement with regional trade associations.
- Discipline in CRM (Salesforce), sales processes process such as NEAT or Miller Heiman selling methodologies, and uses thorough thinking and commercial experience to execute strategy to drive growth.
- Use independent judgment and has the ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated, day-to-day problems with projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, or customers.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with 10+ years of experience with sales leadership
- This role requires advanced experience in selling Automation, Historian, and MES
- Knowledge and awareness of competition such as Rockwell, Aveva, and Ignition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Strong oral and written communication skills that translates to presentation skills
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs using quarterly review templates.
- Experience in Lean Problem Solving, Kaizen, and Hoshin methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and resolve problems using Excel, SFDC, Tableau, etc.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided:
- This is a remote position