Come work for one of the largest equipment dealerships in North America! Are you a hardworking individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and looking to take your career to the next level? If so, then come join our award-winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources to be successful:
- Tuition assistance
- Outstanding benefits package (BCBS Medical, Delta Dental and EyeMed Vision, plus much more!)
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- 10 paid holidays
We are presently interviewing for an ideal candidate for the Sales Operations Manager – Material Handling position in our Sales Department. You will be a central point of contact between our customers and the organization.
If you think you are suitable for this position, please do send your application.
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities.
- Staying well informed about the new products and their characteristics.
- Oversee sales administration managers and work with them on day-to-day operations, processes & procedures. Including but not limited to:
- Execution of orders
- Building a complete customer file with signed/approved documentation to support the sale.
- Arrange and confirm the sale is properly specified per the sales agreement.
- Tracking of customer information and sales records.
- Collaborating with the Logistics department to ensure well-timed deliveries.
- Checking invoices for data accuracy.
- Support and cover sales administration team members
- Become an ERP subject matter expert to be able to assist sales administration with issues as they arise
- Reviewing and processing the sales from start to finish and providing approvals where needed for Sox compliance.
- Continued communication with sales personnel to ensure that sales are processed timely.
- Monthly commission processing and working with sales reps on any questions.
- Inventory control – work with sales management and inventory coordinators to ensure inventory is accurate
- Generating, supplying, and updating sales reports on a monthly basis.
- Developing and presenting sales figures to senior sales team/management.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal departments including but not limited to, Accounts Receivable, Accounting, Parts, Rental & Service
- Work with the audit team on any questions regarding documentation and processing of each sale
- Responsible for all MH Audits
- Internal and External Sox Compliance
- Floorplan Audits
- Inventory Count and Reconciliation
- Assisting Corporate Director, Sales Process & Administration with ERP Go-Live support when needed
- This position requires working out of our Corporate office in Livonia, Michigan
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Sales or relevant field.
- 3+ years of proven work experience as a Sales Administrator or a similar role.
- Previous experience in managing personnel
- Strong understanding of Sales related KPIs.
- Exceptional administration and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheet and CRM software
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail with perfect accuracy.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Outstanding time management skills and the ability to work under pressure with deadlines
- Knowledge of sales processing
- General equipment knowledge with the ability to become advanced with specifications and on the job training. Previous knowledge in the field is beneficial
- Travel as required.
- Language Skills - High: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and other internal departments.
- Mathematical Skills - Intermediate: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Reasoning Ability - High: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Occasionally will stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Regularly will sit, use hands, talk/hear.
- Vision: No special vision requirements.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 10 pounds
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3 P’s of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the best people and creating a “one team” approach, Alta Equipment Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a difference within our organization, we’re ready for you. Whether it’s selling the world’s-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their maximum potential. Voted a “Top Work Place USA”, our employees across North America are committed to excellence. It’s the Alta way.
So, let’s start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin the journey of a lifetime.
What We Look For::
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one’s profession through additional training and learning
Other Opportunities at Alta:
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs
to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
About the Company:
Alta Material Handling