Who is Whip Around?
Whip Around was born in 2016, originally to help freight companies in New Zealand tackle their paper-based compliance burden. It was whilst working for some of the globe’s largest freight companies, that co-founder James saw first-hand how much time paper was costing fleet managers every day. Within a year, the US market was calling loudly and the founders were spending more time on planes and traversing the American market than anywhere else. Whip Around now has offices in Auckland, New Zealand, Charlotte, North Carolina, San Diego, California servicing our customers from coast to coast in the US and around the world.
Team culture is at the heart of our success, with personal improvement being just as important as company outcomes. We now boast a senior leadership team with experience from numerous successful global businesses and continue to double down on our vision to bring simplicity and efficiency to fleet management and compliance.
Why this role is important to us:
Whip Around is one of the leading fleet management software providers in the world, helping over 2,500 customers. We are a group of ambitious individuals looking to grow our business exponentially in the next few years. With offices across the United States and New Zealand, our product helps fleet operators easily manage the maintenance and inspections of their vehicles and equipment. Taking the industry through a digital transformation, Whip Around is quickly becoming the software platform of choice for business owners, fleet managers and drivers.
As the Director of Revenue Operations you will optimize the use of our systems and create processes to coordinate the efforts of our go to market teams and allow us to rapidly scale revenue.
What success will look like:
- Own all our core tools (SFDC, Pardot, Gainsight, etc.)—maintain a simplified and integrated tech stack serving all constituencies
- Serve as SFDC Admin and others
- Implement automations to enhance consistency and velocity
- Define and maintain a single source of truth for all key data components (sales, marketing, CS and customer)
- Produce forecasts for Sales/Exec leadership
- Establish lead flow processes (end to end)
- Health scores for CS
- Produce KPI dashboards for all constituencies
- Manage integration across various tools
- Maintain/support multiple GTM motions and reporting for different segments (SMB, Enterprise)
- Design and refine various processes and inter-team handoffs
- Work closely with sales management and leadership on implementation of solutions that maximize efficiency and conversion rates of each sales channel
- Work cross-departmentally and across our Charlotte office with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Dev and Finance to improve and customize workflows, optimize efficiency, and help us get the most out of the tools in our stack
- Monitor the accuracy of sales reports, other data and intelligence essential to the Sales organization and success of Whip Around; recommend revision to existing reports, or assist in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- Work closely with the Finance team and Sales Management to provide accurate analysis and sales forecasting used for company financial planning (budget, headcount, targets)
- Source, implement, and manage technologies used by the Sales team and evaluate the effectiveness of the technologies. When needed, perform the same duties across all Whip Around departments.
- Own all development and administration within Salesforce and other integrated tools
- Enable our department leaders and Sales team to achieve all of the necessary business improvements within Salesforce and other integrated systems
- Build functionality by creating Salesforce triggers, etc.
- Design new Salesforce solutions and create effective project execution plans
- Add value to the project in all phases – definition, development, and deployment
- Research changes in upcoming versions of Salesforce.com and other integrated applications; provide recommendations when necessary to enhance efficiency and productivity and ensure system sustainability
- Audit, uncover and resolve data quality issues; make recommendations to avoid issues in the future
- Manage and prioritize ongoing support requests, projects, and priorities in real time
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 1+ years of experience in marketing coordination, ideally in the B2B software space
- Strong project management skills with a focus on effective communication and coordination of complex tasks across multiple stakeholders
- Sales-driven mindset with a focus on creating new revenue opportunities for a growing organization
- Detail-oriented with a creative mindset
Nice to have:
- An understanding of the US transportation sector would be a plus. Likewise experience in a similar industry which has undergone significant digitalization
- Generous medical benefits including vision, dental, life, short and long term disability
- Unlimited PTO
- 5 days paid sick leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & development opportunities
- Team events and activities
- A day off on your Birthday (because no one should have to work on their Birthday!)