Utz Quality Foods is currently seeking a Zone Sales Manager to work out of the Denver, CO Sales Center. The ZSM is responsible for consistently achieving or surpassing the zone’s profitability and market share goals by utilizing selling strategies and proactive communications tailored to store management and retail decision makers within an assigned Zone. The ZSM position requires an analytic and goal-oriented mindset with the capacity to communicate corporate sales strategies. Working knowledge of distributor agreements, account settlements, and chain-based retail service standards is highly recommended. The successful candidate must possess a willingness to embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, maintain a positive work environment, and strategically influence decision makers.
- Direct and manage TSR’s; driving Zone’s profitability strategies and outlining retail service standards.
- Remain engaged with Independent Distributor Agreements and the obligations and rights of both the Company and the Independent Distributor. Prepare for and participate in the purchase/sale of Independent Distributor routes as required.
- Ensure growth in profitability through the development of a yearly Zone Sales Plan. Develop and execute profitability strategies tailored to the chain-based retail environment. Account for competitive activities, changes in market variables, promotions/product introductions, route engineering, and business opportunity strategies.
- Analyze Company’s weekly sales data to ensure the Zone’s distribution, service, merchandising and pricing goals are achieved. Work closely with Sales Director to implement adjustments to strategic focus.
- Conduct store visits to maintain open and proactive business relationships with chain-store management and store decision makers; broadly offer Company display concepts, seasonal planning tactics, and product promotions or introductions; reinforce that the independent distributors, not the company, invoice products to their stores.
- Prepare for and conduct regularly scheduled workshop meetings in collaboration with the TSRs, intended to offer independent distributors the opportunity to voluntarily enhance their operational expertise. Encourage Independent Distributors to utilize all tools and mediums available to realize the full sales potential of their business.
- Frequently communicate company’s profitability focus to TSR’s helping to enhance their effectiveness in the field. Share with all Independent Distributors willing to accept such information - facilitate improvements in results of independent distributors by providing information so they can be fully informed of the Company’s initiatives for sales, service, merchandising standards, and product distribution.
- Conduct random and planned store visits throughout the assigned Zone, including weekends and pre-holidays. Provide direction and comments to TSRs regarding observations and feedback from store management.
- Perform required resets at the direction of the Sales Director in times 3rd party reset company cannot cover.
- Salary: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year plus bonus eligible.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales operations preferably in the snack, grocery, or beverage industry; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities while remaining flexible to meet the day’s objectives.
- Working Knowledge and understanding of Independent Distribution models.
- Capability to build trust and rapport through persuasion and leadership.
- Requires excellent selling and negotiation skills that can be shared with independent operators at their request.
- Proactive communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Requires ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to legally and safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Must have attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
Spreading Joy Through Food!
Here at Utz, we have a passion for food that our associates enjoy creating, our consumers love, and our customers choose. Our renowned family of brands includes Utz, Golden Flake, Good Health, TGI Friday’s, On the Border, Bachman, and Zapp’s. We provide a supportive, caring and inclusive environment that offers opportunities for career growth and advancement. We believe it is important to help take care of our associates by providing benefits, resources, and programs that ensure they live their healthiest lives. Our benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision plans, an employer match 401k, profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan and much more. Join OneUtzTeam and help us spread joy through food for generations to come!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.