Location: Work From Home located in Houston, TX; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Chicago, IL; or DC/Baltimore, MD
As the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) at Go Ape, you will be a key member of the executive leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of revenue generation, driving profitable growth, and enhancing the market presence of our 15 aerial adventure parks across the US. Your strategic thinking, strong leadership, and hands-on approach will be instrumental in developing and executing revenue-generating initiatives across our diverse outdoor activities.
- Develop and implement comprehensive revenue growth strategies that align with Go Ape's long-term vision and business objectives.
- Analyze market trends, customer insights, and competitive landscape to identify new revenue opportunities.
- Lead and inspire both the sales and marketing team to achieve established revenue targets through effective collaboration with team members.
- Execute innovative marketing campaigns and sales initiatives that drive customer acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Continuously improve the overall customer experience to ensure high satisfaction levels, positive word-of-mouth, and repeat business. Work cross-functionally to optimize customer journey touchpoints and identify areas for improvement.
- Cultivate strategic partnerships and alliances with other businesses, organizations, and agencies to expand our market reach and diversify revenue streams.
- Leverage data analytics to make informed decisions and track key performance indicators (KPIs) as well as implement revenue forecasting models to drive efficient resource allocation and budget planning.
- Collaborate with the director of Product Design & Development and Operations team to identify new product opportunities and enhance existing offerings, driving innovation to maintain Go Ape's position as a market leader in the outdoor adventure industry.
- Take ownership of revenue-related financial metrics, ensuring the company's revenue targets are met or exceeded while maintaining profitability.
- Attract, retain, and develop top talent within the revenue team. Foster a high-performance culture that promotes collaboration, creativity, and a strong sense of purpose.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Proven track record of at least ten (10) years of senior leadership experience in revenue management, sales, marketing, or business development. Bonus points if in a similar industry (amusement, entertainment, retail).
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field. MBA or equivalent advanced degree is a plus. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- Demonstrated success in driving revenue growth and achieving revenue targets.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills with a data-driven and customer-centric approach.
- Strong leadership qualities, including the ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve exceptional results.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and relationship-building abilities.
- Experience in developing and executing successful marketing campaigns.
What is Go Ape?
Living life adventurously isn’t just a hashtag we use; it’s what we do. Go Ape is a self-guided treetop adventure course where guests explore the forest canopy, tackling suspended obstacles, navigating challenge elements and riding epic zip lines.
What’s it like working at Go Ape?
If you love adventure and want to work for a leader in the outdoor recreation industry, you’ll love Go Ape. Go Ape is more than just a unique job, we offer challenging and rewarding careers. We are a mission-driven organization, striving to inspire everyone to live life adventurously while giving back to the local communities we call home. Our diverse squad shares a passion for the environment, adventure and doing good. Go Ape is proud of our innovative, and highly collaborative culture, where everyone has the opportunity to contribute and be heard at all levels within the organization. Oh, and we have some pretty impressive job perks: Aside from all of the fresh air you can breathe, we offer competitive compensation and benefits like bonus programs, PTO, paid holidays/leave, healthcare plans, 401(k), flexible scheduling, and much more!
Status: Full-time exempt
Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience; management bonus incentives
Remote Status: 100% Remote (must reside in a state with existing Go Ape operations, ideally situated in IL, VA, MD, or TX).
Travel: Approximately 10-20%