A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 78 million+ projects started on Thumbtack
- About 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- About 10 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Growth Operations Team
Thumbtack's Growth Operations team is a tight-knit group whose mission is to connect strategy to execution and enable our front-line go-to-market teams. We serve as the cross-functional bridge between Sales and revenue supporting functions such as Product, Marketing, Internal Tools, and Finance. We take ownership of process, tooling and end-to-end experience of go-to-market teams in acquiring and maintaining Thumbtack's network of professionals.
Who are we? We are well-rounded operational leaders with advanced skill sets in consultative process improvement, robust analytical decision making, strategic thought leadership, implementing effective tooling strategy, and in leading world class project management.
About the Role
The Sr. Manager, Sales Operations is a people-leader responsible for leading sales performance analytics, sales funnel efficiency, technology management and funnel data management. This role is mix of strategic project execution and maintaining day-to-day operations. This leader will oversee the Inside Sales technology stack and end-to-end sales and customer experience, including maintenance, improvements and strategy. This role leads cross-functional forums diving into performance metrics, detecting failure points, and driving improvement in processes. The right candidate will have a fanatical obsession with process efficiency, data, analytics, and driving improvements.
- Manage a team of several direct reports on and off-shore, lead personal development efforts and build a positive team culture
- Own sales funnel strategy, efficiency, design and operations
- Lead proactive communication and dissemination of performance metrics
- Create and maintain advanced data models, become and expert on data tables
- Own a reporting suite in Tableau BI software
- Lead cross-functional projects related to lead sourcing, conversion, lead scoring, sales velocity, and technology improvements
- Create monthly forecast and related reporting to track sales performance and identify areas for improvement
- Extensive cross-functional collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, Finance and Data Science teams
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years experience in analytically rigorous sales operations roles
- 3+ Years managing and developing direct reports
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Math, Statistics, or Computer Science
- Experience with Inside Sales call center technology, call routing, and related analytics
- Expert knowledge and experience in SQL and database management with ability to train and mentor others
- Strong working knowledge of sales processes, segmentation, sales staff sizing, sales analysis, and reporting
- Advanced skills and experience in Salesforce CRM, ability to oversee technology projects
- Comfortable with adapting and adjusting to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Expertise dealing with third party vendors and retrieving data from external sources
- Strong communicator with experience working across multiple levels of leadership
- Great attention to detail and timelines
Bonus points if you have
- Salesforce CRM Certifications & administrative expertise
- Technical certifications related to analytics, AI, machine learning
- Experience in a marketplace business
- Experience with Jira or similar Project Management software
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines. Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-Remote
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.