This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. 2-3 times per/week in the office is required
An Order Fulfillment Model-Option Forecaster is responsible for the development and maintenance of a 40-week rolling forecast to support the vehicle for assigned vehicles. This includes the maintenance of engineering information (brakes, springs, GVW, etc.) in the Order Configuration and Validation System (OCVS) for application to orders and breakpoint coordination for applicable Vehicle Description Summary (VDS) changes.Major Responsibilities:
- Develop, analyze, and maintain the Production Order Management & Scheduling system (POMS) 40-week model & option schedule forecast and transmit as required to update material schedules.
- Provide MYTD Customer Order Component Penetration Reports to Marketing Teams.
- Review pending OCVS VDS activity for assigned products, all model years; ensure accurate breakpointing of engineering changes.
- Ensure receipt of required OCVS Engineering data for initial model year order processing.
- Participate in applicable Order Fulfillment Vertical and Launch meetings; provide requested data analysis, as appropriate.
- Mentor incoming team members.
- Institute best practices and share with the rest of the team.
- Contribute/provide feedback to the development of new/updated systems and processes.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for new/updated systems.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred major in supply chain, business, or engineering.
- Complex problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Highly proficient personal computer skills, specifically in Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and multi-task within time constraints.
- Exhibits tendencies to embrace challenges. Strives to achieve goals despite roadblocks, continuing to drive stretch objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to persist in the face of setbacks.
- Demonstrates a high level of understanding relative to total enterprise operations.
- Proven track record with respect to operational agility, adaptability, and exceptional leadership.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
- Ability to read / interpret VDS
- POMS knowledge
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
GM is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GM is committed to providing a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and advancing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, all practices and decisions relating to terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment are made without regard to an individual's protected characteristics. For purposes of this policy, “protected characteristics" include an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, height, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.