Generac Power Systems
Director, Sales Operations
At Generac, our people help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. We are united by our efforts to inspire change for a better world; impact our people and community; influence and achieve positive results; and innovate the industry. Our shared goals allow people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to work together, bringing our global customers peace of mind through reliable products and exceptional support.
The Director is responsible for leading and directing the Consumer Power Sales Operations team in Pewaukee, WI to achieve short and long-range strategic objectives through successful planning and execution of business strategies. This role has direct accountability for delivering strong performance results in partnership with various stakeholders across all organizational levels. This individual will work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to develop and implement strategies that drive revenue growth and improve sales productivity. The Director, Sales Operations will also be responsible for creating and overseeing the sales process, tools, and metrics needed to effectively manage the sales organization. Finally, this position will lead the sales forecasting process in close partnership with multiple internal partners/stakeholders.
This position reports directly to the President and EVP of Consumer Power and will provide direct leadership and guidance to managers and supervisors. In addition, the position requires strategic collaboration and partnership with senior level leaders across multiple teams and functions in support of strategic objectives tied to revenue growth. There is also a strong element of “influencing without authority” and problem solving to identify solutions to known improvement areas. This position has a direct impact on the overall sales performance for Consumer Power, and revenue growth for Generac.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Sales Operations Leadership
- Plans and executes strategy to achieve key business objectives aligned to strategic priorities.
- Provides strategic direction and guidance in support of Sales Operations goals and objectives aligned to business strategy.
- Provides coaching and guidance to the Sales Operations Manager in support of daily operations with a focus on team engagement, productivity, and delivering strong results.
- Collaborates with senior sales leadership and other key stakeholders in setting objectives that align with company strategy to inspire and motivate team and cross-functional collaboration, work prioritization, and to develop and maintain processes and tools to drive productivity.
- Interface with the Sourcing, Manufacturing, Planning and Order-to-Cash teams to ensure proper SLAs across all groups to improve performance to Generac end users, customers, and partners.
- Assess and recognize performance against stated goals and established processes. Ensure feedback is consistently provided to improve overall performance.
- Selling (or Sales) Leadership & Operational Excellence
- Builds and maintains sales processes, tools and metrics to drive sales productivity.
- Collaborates with the Sales and Marketing teams to develop and execute incentives, campaigns and programs designed to grow share and penetrate new markets with expanding product lines.
- Develops and implements sales training programs to improve the skills and knowledge of the inside and field-based sales teams.
- Leverages data analytics to identify program performance and analyze elements for change and margin improvement.
- In conjunction with Analytics, Finance and Product Management teams, measures and reports on market performance and portfolio performance, and identify new opportunities to grow the business.
- Utilizes analytics to help streamline major processes to improve cost to serve – customer experience.
- Sales Forecasting Leadership and Process Ownership
- Leads sales forecasting processes within the sales organization.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in the sales organizations’ planning efforts.
- Partner with sales leaders to create and maintain sales forecasting models and data in the established business group and SIOP processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years of progressive experience in sales process management and business analytics, which could be inclusive of leading sales, customer relations and/or operational teams.
- 8 years of Sales Operations experience with 5+ years in a leadership role
- Prior sales forecasting experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Strong project management skills
- Experienced background in process management and continuous improvement
- Exhibited experience in building and maintaining high performing teams
- Proven ability to understand and identify critical success metrics within a sales organization
- Previous experience in a large scale manufacturing environment
- Experience developing business to business relationships
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Clear understanding and knowledge of the internal processes and systems to support a diversified business.
- Ability to understand and work inside multiple channels of distribution in a CPG organization.
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial culture in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience in working with Director and VP level sales leaders.
- Strong history working closely with Supply Chain, Logistics and Order-to-Cash operational teams.
- Forecasting, Reporting, and Data Visualization knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Executive presence and presentation delivery skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, lead and motivate cross-functional teams effectively at all levels.
- Working knowledge of ERP and CRM Systems.
- Analytical skills capable of organizing, driving and maintaining components of a project life-cycle.
- Account plan development, communication, presentation and collaboration skills.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills, initiative and leadership.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Travel needed – Negligible.
- We are an inclusive company that celebrates differences and keeps equity and respect at the forefront.
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, & 401k
- 401 (k) retirement savings plans with company match
- Medical support programs: Maternity, Diabetes, Treatment Decision Support and more
- Work-life benefits: PTO and Holidays
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”