SUMMARY: The VP of Sales is responsible for creating and executing Curio Wellness’s strategic multi-state sales plan to achieve the company’s annual wholesale revenue and market share growth goals. This leader will also work collaboratively with Finance, Operations and Supply Chain to institute a Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SIOP) process which aligns with the company’s data-driven decision-making culture. Working collaboratively with the VP of Marketing and VP of Product Innovation, the VP of Sales will guide new product launch strategies, set revenue targets, and implement a sales strategy that encourages product adoption and continuous sales growth. The VP of Sales must be a spirited people manager with a proclivity for developing sales talent and a proven record of building client-focused selling teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Creates a profitable growth strategy for each active market and effectively develops and implements a multi-state strategic sales plan to achieve corporate goals.
· Responsible for achieving top line revenue goals for each active market.
· Approves wholesale pricing for product mix in each active market.
· Anticipates and analyzes industry selling trends.
· Understands and provides insights on sales drivers and recommends new opportunities to drive incremental growth.
· Develops and implements a culture of client focused selling.
· Builds and leads a dynamic sales team across the Curio Wellness portfolio.
· Determines key priorities to drive team performance.
· Maintains strong relationships with external partners and internal cross functional teams.
· Partner with Finance and Operations on forecasting activities, developing revenue targets, budgeting, and developing sales operations processes.
- Partner with Marketing to develop advertising strategy and promotional activities.
- Promote the mission, vision and values of the company to all team members at all times.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is accountable for the management of others, through a subordinate supervisor, including selection, recommending termination, performance appraisal, and professional development.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BS) or equivalent job-related experience.
· Must be based in Maryland or willing to move to Maryland or Missouri
· 8-10 years’ experience in strategic and executional sales leadership
· 5+ years’ experience in building and managing high performing sales teams
- Proven ability to build and execute a sales strategy to generate and develop new business
· Strong presentation, communication, and negotiation skills
- Experience working in sales management systems (i.e. Salesforce) and using data to drive decision making
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of cannabis industry, regulations, market trends and competition highly preferred
- Ability to work nights, weekends & holidays as needed.
· Must have car and be willing to travel