Sales Operations Manager
SVP of Sales & Field Operations
$75,000 - $101,000 annual
The Sales Operations Manager (SOM) is responsible for the processes, tools, and technologies that support the Sales and Marketing teams within ZEVX. The goal of the SOM is to ensure that every seller has the required processes, knowledge, skills, resources/content and behaviors to optimize every interaction with customers.
This role involves optimizing sales processes, managing sales data, driving sales growth, crafting compelling marketing scripts, and developing effective lead generation campaigns. By managing business activities and processes, the SOM helps the ZEVX sales organization run effectively, efficiently and in support of business strategies and objectives. This position will also represent the needs of sales in meetings and cross‐functional projects and acts as a liaison for sales with other parts of the organization.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Sales Operations
- Sales Process: Streamlines and optimizes the sales process by enabling the team to work smarter by simplifying processes. Manages sales process adoption and compliance. Pioneers the discovery and adoption of tools that will streamline the sales process. Identifies, documents, and works within the organization to identify sales operational gaps; Creates strategy and executes to fill those gaps. Refines customer segmentation, assists with territory management, and creates a plan to enhance renewal and upsell processes.
- Training: Manages and coordinates all sales activities and programs including, but not limited to, new hire training programs, sales methodologies, tools, and best practices for lead conversion, continuing education/training events, and major sales initiatives. Drives effective training programs that help salespeople retain information and turn it into value for prospects.
- CRM: Manages the use of sales technology and CRM systems, ensuring optimal utilization. Maintains up‐to‐date knowledge of the current CRM program and works with the sales team to keep information current. Ensures data is up to date, audits data for consistency, setups automations, and manages custom fields and data.
- Sales Automation Tools: Selects, implements, and manages sales automation tools; sources and manages the implementation of sales automation systems for the team’s needs in the future.
- Continuous Improvement: Maintains regular check-ins with Sales Managers/Enterprise Sales Representatives and others who contribute to opportunity development to determine how sales opportunities are tracking against plan and identifies any problems for internal review and problem solving. Coordinates with other departments to integrate sales operations with other business activities such as supply chain and logistics.
- Coordinates and manages sales meeting agenda as defined by sales leadership.
- Owns the end-to-end process of tracking the sales funnel and operational metrics and delivering regular insights to the business.
- Oversees the sales funnel to include, but not limited to: tracking conversion rates through each stage of the funnel, analyzing pertinent data, recommending areas for funnel performance, evaluating sticking points that could impact sales velocity, propose and implement solutions for improvement.
- Defines and delivers techniques to improve funnel performance for sales management.
- Creates and maintains a sales operations dashboard of key performance indicators.
- Develops, Implements, and Manages sales forecasting, and assists in ZEVX’s revenue forecasting for the organization.
- Compiles and produces weekly sales reports.
- Analyzes sales and marketing data to develop insights and make recommendations for areas of optimization.
- Creates content for executive presentations and board reporting.
- Marketing / Product Management
- Collaborates with the Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to create targeted sales and marketing initiatives.
- Lead Generation: Supports all business development and lead generation efforts; is familiar with all lead sources and how to research/mine data within these sources; Creates, Reviews, and Optimizes marketing scripts aimed at generating inbound leads. Designs and implements lead generation campaigns, tracks their success, and makes data-driven adjustments. Refines lead qualification process, analyzes and reports on campaign performance with reporting and dashboards.
- Content: Researches and gathers content/messaging to support sales efforts; stores all information in a common location and shares regularly with the sales team. Acts as a resource for information. Investigates/evaluates tools that push recommended scripts, guidance, emails, and other content to salespeople based on where a prospect is in the sales process.
- Contributes to the strategic discussion around buyer personas, target markets, etc.
- Associate’s degree in technical or business–related field.
- 5 years’ experience in sales operations with proficiency creating reports, optimizing processes, training new hires, and managing dashboards.
- 2 years’ experience working with HubSpot (CRM) and NetSuite
- Ability to understand high-level sales strategies, translate them into system and process requirements, and ensure local execution and business impact.
- Advanced Excel skills with a strong understanding of other CRM applications and email marketing strategies
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Problem-Solving Skills.
- Strong Sense of Business Acumen.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, product management, finance, logistics, manufacturing, and admin teams.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter – drive to develop effective processes and takes initiative.
- Focused on results – wants to build a successful EV brand.
- High Level of Computer Literacy including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication.
- Team player: comfortable consistently working with multiple teams.
- Dedicated to an ethical approach to sales and sales operations.
- Flexible and adaptable problem solver with a positive outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience in sales operations with proficiency creating reports, optimizing processes, training new hires, and managing dashboards.
- 5+ years’ experience working with HubSpot (CRM) and NetSuite
- Experience working in a B2B Sales or marketing position.
- “Challenger Sales” or Consultative selling understanding
- Automotive or Electric Vehicle Experience
- Ethics--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
About ZEVx Inc.
Zero Electric Vehicles (ZEVx) is an Arizona based Company with deep engineering roots that strives to be the worldwide leader in electrification for light and medium duty fleet vehicles. ZEVx’s proprietary powertrain (batteries and drive motor) configuration and rapid conversion turnaround of existing fleet vehicles will accelerate EV adoption globally and provide customers the support infrastructure, fleet management services and knowledge they need to transform their fleet and quickly meet sustainability goals. ZEVx’s primary mission is to enable EV participation across the existing automotive and mobility ecosystem and support fleets through their electrification journey while scaling through democratized partnerships and making the ‘dream’ of EV accessible to all. For more information, visit www.zevx.com.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.