Who We Are
Ostmodern is a dynamic team of researchers, strategists, designers and technologists based in London with clients globally. We’re committed to defining, designing and delivering digital products that are engaging and impactful across a number of sectors, including media, sports, automotive & charity.
We have a track record of being quietly innovative within organisations for whom launching and evolving successful digital products is often challenging. We also strive to leave outcomes that succeed us, helping our clients to become more product centric organisations.
Today, we take pride in our contributions to the launch of flagship products for major organisations like Formula 1, BBC, Arsenal, Hayu, Channel 4, Ford, and The Royal Opera House. Operating at the high-end of our markets, we collaborate with clients who value innovation and embrace a human-centred approach to ensure the success of digital products.
How we work
We hire people who know their craft, and love working alongside colleagues with varied skill-sets, backgrounds and viewpoints. We believe strongly in the power of empathy; working as a united team, learning what forces are driving and challenging clients, and understanding their audiences’ motivations and anxieties.
We can be engaged to lead projects or embedded as part of our clients team. Our people are experienced in working across the spectrum from strategy to concept development and implementation. We identify the areas within our clients businesses that are preventative to successful product development and provide multidisciplinary teams to help address them.
As Sales & Marketing Operations Manager , you’ll work with peers and clients who genuinely care about their products, and who understand the power of user-centred product design and development.
The Sales & Marketing Operations Manager
will have overall responsibility for the successful operation of the sales and marketing functions within the business.
They will support all functions essential to the productivity of the sales team. These include planning, forecasting, reporting, target setting, sales process optimization, sales training, sales administration and recruiting. They will also be responsible for supporting our nascent marketing function as we reposition Ostmodern and commit to a significant increase in outbound communication and top of funnel development.
The role is responsible for supporting overall productivity, effectiveness and growth of the sales team within the business. Reporting to the CEO, this role will be responsible for helping maintain a good team ethic across the sales function whilst having the capability to hold teams and individuals to account and challenge underperformance. The role will ensure that objectives and priorities are maintained and focus is created throughout the sales & marketing functions to ensure the attainment of our targets and strategic goals.
The salary for this role is competitive and dependent upon experience - in addition to a bonus incentive structure aligned with attainment of targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning and budget processes used within the business
- Measures and evaluates marketing performance, supports demand generation & marketing initiatives, informs strategic planning and budgeting, and enhances overall marketing process, technology, and workflow
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in the sales & marketing operations planning efforts
- As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions within the business for the successful execution of both sales and marketing initiatives
- Proactively works to identify opportunities for sales & marketing process improvement to minimise complexity and create focus. Assists in understanding bottlenecks and inefficiencies and facilitates a culture of continuous process improvements
- Runs the CRM (Hubspot) ensuring that all users are keeping data up to date and that education & training is provided where required
- Supports the creation, monitoring & distribution of accurate and relevant reporting to the business of data and insights to ensure continuous iteration of the sales & marketing process.
- Monitors the key metrics within the business relating to sales and reacts proactively to ensure they are being met and highlighting any areas of concern, holding teams and individuals to account and challenge underperformance whilst supporting countermeasure activity
- Works closely with the account management team to smoothly and efficiently transition clients from the sales funnel into client accounts
- Working with all other functions within the business including but not limited to Finance & Operations to ensure optimization of the Sales & Marketing functions to achieve strategic goals
- Build peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key personnel, specifically to ensure a commercial focus across the business.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Support the achievement of sales, profit and strategic objectives for the business unit
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales impacting initiatives
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support and training resources impacting the sales & marketing team
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Reports to the CEO
- Directly manages the sales & marketing team
- Co-ordinates the support of the sales & marketing function with the appropriate head of department
- Fosters close, cooperative relationship with peer leaders, management, sales and all support staff.
You’ll get to:
- Bring your whole self to work
- Collaborate with an enormously talented and supportive product design and development teams
- Help to find and win meaningful work that truly helps shape product experience for some of the world’s biggest organisations
- Work closely with the CEO and senior leadership to define and implement the development and growth of a nascent marketing and sales organisation
- Partner with team members to plan and lead key marketing & sales initiatives, including exciting and innovative R&D projects
- Share ideas and be listened to, in an environment that encourages ideas and innovation at all levels
- Elevate yourself professionally, and help to shape the direction of our commercial offering in the years to come
If this sounds like your dream job, please let us know! Drop us a line to tell us why you think you’re right for this role, along with your CV
We will provide:
- 25 days holiday plus all UK public holidays
- Studio shut down over the Christmas period (3 days)
- We also offer non-deductible Compassionate leave, Appointment leave & Parental leave
- A cycle to work scheme
- After 3 years, you'll be eligible to take a sabbatical career break
- Company Pension Scheme
- The option to work remotely and discuss flexible working hours
- The Ostmodern Handbook - a full and in-depth guide to our policies to make work an improved and progressive place. Amongst many other policies these include:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy
- Inclusive Language Policy
- Breastfeeding for Mothers Policy
- Bullying and Harassment Policy
- Menopause Policy
- Period Policy
- Transitioning at Work Policy
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Policy