About The Role
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) the Vice President Revenue Operations (VPRO) directs the company’s support investments in sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
The VPRO is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the VPRO fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success. This is a hybrid office-based position that requires 3 days in-office.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the company.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the Chief Revenue Officer, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the company’s business goals.
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and ensuring the company’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Accountable for the timely assignment of all sales organization objectives.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well- defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity. Works closely with the Chief Revenue Officer and IT Leads to understand company sales and technology strategy. Recommends changes and enhancements to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
- Working closely with sales leadership and Human Resources, establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of field and HQ training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Working with Human Resources and senior sales leadership, designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
Required Skills, Experience & Education
- Minimum five years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role.
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
Preferred Skills, Experience & Education
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution; masters in business administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- Sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
For over 20 years, tens of thousands of organizations across the world have relied on Validity solutions to target, contact, engage, and retain customers – using trustworthy data as a key advantage. Validity’s flagship products – Everest, DemandTools, BrightVerify, and GridBuddy Connect – are all highly rated, #1 solutions for sales and marketing professionals. These solutions deliver smarter email campaigns, more qualified leads, more productive sales, and ultimately faster growth.
Validity is a truly unique company - massive revenue growth, top-tier investors, 5-star product ratings, proven ability to acquire and integrate top tech companies and welcome them into the Validity family, a winning culture, and a work environment that fosters hard work, trust, and fun.
Headquartered in Boston, Validity has offices in Tampa, Denver, London, Sao Paulo, and Sydney. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.
Validity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice before submitting any information: Applicant Privacy Notice