As a Pendo Deal Desk Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day support of our quote-to-order process and also ensure the smooth execution of some of our largest and most strategic opportunities . You will act as a key partner to Sales, Legal, Finance, and Accounting, managing deal formation and flow, and driving sustainable growth while reducing sales cycle times.
We’re looking for a proactive, curious, self-driven person with sound business acumen and excellent communication and collaboration skills. You are able to work in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to dive into business challenges and work with your team to create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before.
- Supporting the global Sales Org in deal execution on a daily basis.
- Provide guidance and support on contract negotiations internally, including: deal structure, discounting guidance, order processing, etc.
- Drive process and systems requirements (including CPQ) to implement best-in-class quote-to-order process; provide assistance is closing/managing deals in the systems
- Evaluation and review of all contracts for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to our policies
- Ensure approvals for non-standard deals have been properly documented, escalated to the right approval levels, and resolved within reasonable timeframe
- Drive best practices and enablement to increase sales effectiveness via structured deal reviews and checkpoints, supported by standard business practices and policies, and proper enablement around these
- Work independently on projects, and apply judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in Sales, Legal, Finance, Accounting, and other key teams across the company
- Assisting in other general Sales Operations projects and initiatives
- 2+ years experience in Deal Desk/Sales Operations role in SaaS
- Experience in dealing with complex, cross-functional deal/contract management across Sales, Finance and Legal
- Strong understanding of Salesforce based quote-to-order processes, Salesforce CPQ is a plus
- Strong structured problem solving skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel / G-Suite
- Bachelor’s degree
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in North Carolina is $80K - $100K USD
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.