At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We're headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
The Deal Desk Manager will be a pivotal player in driving Staffbase's revenue growth, streamlining the sales process, and maximizing efficiencies for our global sales organization. You'll be responsible for the execution of the sales process from quote, through contract negotiations, to closing - ensuring alignment with business objectives and policies. This role will be a key collaborator to the Sales, Finance, Legal, and Customer teams. You'll be a trusted advisor to leaders across the organization, providing strategic insights and structuring deals that meet customer needs while optimizing revenue potential.
What you'll be doing
- Lead a team of deal desk analysts to support and advise the organization on deal and contract structure, providing best practices for and being directly involved in contract negotiation when necessary
- Assess and analyze deal proposals, ensuring alignment with company policies, pricing methodologies, and legal requirements.
- Conduct thorough deal reviews, identifying risks and finding & implementing solutions
- Collaborate with and advise cross-functional leadership on deal structuring that meets customer needs and optimizes revenue potential while staying aligned with Staffbase goals and policies
- Increase sales productivity through standardization and automation (where applicable) of processes, including tracking and documenting deal processes
- Collaboration with GTM, Product, and Finance/Operations leadership to develop or refine deal models, pricing frameworks, and process guidelines to enable consistent and efficient deal execution
- Work closely with Sales Operations and Business Systems teams to design and implement CRM process improvements, and track & analyze deal metrics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop and maintain resources to support deals such as shared language libraries and playbooks
- Constantly evaluate and enhance deal desk processes, tools, and systems to drive operational efficiencies and scalability
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Finance, and IT teams to drive a methodology for responding to RFP and related requests
What you need to be successful
- 3+ year of experience in deal desk, or as a leader in a related function such as sales operations
- German and English language proficiency for business purposes
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to develop and analyze deal models, pricing strategies, and business cases
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and relationship building skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM and other deal management tools/software
- Ability to design and implement processes, automations, & configurations
- Customer-focused, detail oriented mindset with great project management skills
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it's not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.