The Sales and Operations Specialist (SOS) is responsible for supporting the needs of the organization by fulfilling a wide range of duties. Duties include, but are not limited to: product support across all platforms, point-of-sale resets, product delivery and merchandising, and providing exceptional customer service. This position must be flexible and able to work when needed, including weekends and some overnight trips across the Company’s territory. This role will be provided direction from the Director of Sales and Director of Operations.
Essential Functions and Skills:
- Flexibility in scheduling is a must as this role will provide support across the Company’s geographic footprint.
- Must be available to cover absences and vacations for the sales and operations divisions of the Company
- Ability to learn routes, routines, brand standards and perform multiple functions throughout Company territory
- Complete brand and product resets, gain familiarity with the Company’s product portfolio, execute on brand promotional activity and provide ongoing support to customers
- Ability to solve problems and provide positive feedback
- Merchandising products for display in a manner that attracts sales
- Maintain fixture cleanliness to enhance sales
- Inspect and recommend repairs to coolers to Supervisor, as needed
- Create and/or maintain proper signage and pricing for product
- Communicate with supervisor or sales staff any product or point-of-sale or merchandising needs, issues, or discrepancies
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Present bills and receipts and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Turn in receipts and money received from deliveries.
- Maintain records, such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements, in accordance with regulations.
- Read maps or geographic positioning systems (GPS), and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to bases or other vehicles, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- Maintain clean Motor Vehicle Review and must report any traffic accidents or violations immediately to supervisor
- Operate company vehicle in a safe, cautious, and courteous manner
- Ensure all deliveries and returns are completed to the satisfaction of the customer
- Rotate all dated product according to date codes
- Seek and report to Director of Sales any recognized opportunities in the field
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times by communicating with store management; personnel, as well as the general public
- Adhere to customer and Company policies and procedures in compliance with workplace, health, and safety standards.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Other General Duties:**
- Operate electronic equipment (i.e. cell phone or other device) to ensure proper communication and time-keeping procedures
- Monitor and report competitor activity to Supervisor to maintain market awareness
- Identify and report any Company issues or processes needing improvement
- Ensure all standards of conduct are met in accordance with Company Guidelines as found in the Employee Handbook
- Report any unsafe workplace practices or accidents immediately to supervisor
- Maintain confidentiality of Company Information
- Demonstrate effective time management strategies
- Notify supervisor of any repairs needed in a timely manner
- Follow product breakage procedures to ensure minimal loss to Company
- Use sound judgment and seek guidance and direction as necessary from supervisor.
High School Diploma, GED, or High School Equivalence Certificate preferred but not required.
At least 1 year of operating Delivery Vehicles (i.e. Box Truck, Van); customer facing experience Retail experience preferred
Must pass background check and motor vehicle checks, as required.
Must have proper authorization to work in the United States.
Must maintain a current Driver’s License and clean Motor Vehicle Review
Physical Requirements/Workplace Conditions:**
This position requires frequent bending and twisting the body, keeping or regaining balance, kneeling, crouching, stooping, or crawling and repetitive motions. This position also requires frequent time walking or standing, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls. This position requires frequent lifting, pushing or pulling up to 60 lbs. The position requires basic skills such as full vision capabilities, the ability to actively listen/hear, read/comprehend, communicate orally and reason or analyze on a constant basis and to perform calculations frequently.
This position also requires social skills such as, coordination efforts, team efforts, perceptiveness to others, using sound judgment, and willingness to help others. Work is performed in multiple locations where indoor and outdoor environmental conditions will vary. Work may also be performed using technology and powered equipment, including motorized vehicles.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person