- Opportunity to lead the Qantas Sales Support and Group Sales team across the Americas region
- Be part of a team that values safety, recognition and teamwork
- Full time permanent position based in LAX
- Pay range USD$100,000-$120,000 per year
*Please note, we can only consider applicants that currently have full working rights for the United States.
At Qantas, we represent Australia to the world. Our diverse country is known for our spirit, mateship and a can-do attitude. We’re resilient and strong and it’s in us to be our best. We see it as our responsibility to take ownership and drive outcomes, ensuring we contribute to taking the organisation forward. We understand our priorities and what needs to be delivered, taking the initiative to keep things moving.
As the Sales Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of Sales Support and Group Sales agents across the US, Canada and South America region. This is a key leadership position that will be responsible for providing operational support, guidance and mentorship to the local LAX team as well as overseas contractors. You will play a key role in helping to shape the overall strategy across the North America Leisure Industry, OTA and Cruise sector, ensuring Qantas’ unique selling propositions continue to maximise revenue.
- 7+ years experience in Sales and Distribution and/or Commercial roles
- Exceptional people management skills with the ability to lead, motivate and develop teams across geographical boundaries.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Domestic and International consulting experience, with knowledge of airline products, policy, fares and ticketing procedures
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making ability, with strong commercial acumen and analytical skills, able to drive business-case development and implementation.
- Strategic business planning skills developed in a competitive Corporate & Industry sales environment
- Negotiation, communication, presentation, influencing, and stakeholder management skills.
- High level of IT literacy, including a good working knowledge of CRM tools and appropriate usage, as well as MS office and key data analysis tools
You’ll join a team where creativity and passion are encouraged. Our people come together to allow us to dream big and deliver successfully.
There are many different opportunities across our team, which means you’ll be able to grow both personally and professionally at Qantas. Your development is a priority for us – so that you can maintain the high standards our customers have come to expect and can continue to develop over time. You’ll be supported from day 1 with on the job training and coaching as well as our formal training opportunities. While you may start in this role, we’ve got a great track record of supporting our people to take their career in so many different directions, the destinations are endless.
The Qantas employee benefits program offers amazing benefits that extend well beyond travel.
- We love to travel: Enjoy heavily discounted air travel from the USA to Australia and within Australia and across the globe, both for you and your family and friends, as well as exclusive deals on accommodation and holidays.
- We have flexible leave options: Make use of leave and flexible working opportunities including 4 weeks’ vacation and 15 days sick leave for eligible employees.
- Competitive medical, dental and vision cover after waiting period
- We are planning for the future: Our 401K match offering is 8% for eligible employees.
- We’ll support your wellbeing: Whether it’s learning to better support your own and others’ mental health, our interactive wellbeing app or your very own tailored nutrition plan.
- Annual $400 staff travel gift card for use on domestic airlines for eligible employees
Qantas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Become a Qantas Frequent Flyer member today and start earning Qantas Points. You could use your points to reward yourself with flight rewards, upgrades, hotels, car hire, and more. Join for free and save A$99.50.
If you’re ready to step into a culture that will challenge and excite you, submit an application and let’s explore how we go places together.
Applications close: Wednesday, 6th of September 2023
To apply, please click the following link: https://qantas.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Qantas_Careers/job/Los-Angeles/Sales-Operations-Manager--Americas-_R91723-1
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90045: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Los Angeles, CA 90045