Want to be part of a hyper growth, fast paced, global business that is radically changing the decades old delivery universe as we know it? If so, read on, as we’re looking for a Head of Sales Operations (Independent Sales) to join our Network Operations team!
What’s our story?
Our mission? To switch up the status quo and become the UK’s leading out-of-home business. With a fast-growing network of 5000+ smart lockers, 200+ leading retail partners like Vinted, ASOS, Zara and the launch of our InPost collection points, we’re bringing freedom to anyone with a parcel.
The UK is a huge market that we’re quickly expanding into , and as a hard-working, fast-moving business, we anticipate some serious growth this year. In fact, growth is what we’re focused on. Across the UK, we’ve seen rapidly changing customer and merchant behaviour, with consumers driving the demand for out-of-home delivery options; making it a real focus for investors.
On our path to transforming e-commerce delivery in the UK, we’re building an unparalleled group of talent that’s hungry to help us disrupt the industry. Our team is packed full of top-notch experts in e-commerce, technology, scale-up growth, sustainability, logistics and supply-chain. We’re a passionate bunch and expectations are high, but we’re team players – collaborating, supporting, and leaving egos at the door.
We’re not looking for just anyone to join us. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to bring ideas to the table, grow with us and fit into a fast-paced team. We’re looking for problem solvers, people with drive and natural curiosity – who want to do things differently. And do them brilliantly.
About the role:
As our Head of Sales Operations you will lead our efforts in the acquisition of single site locations. Focused on single site location acquisition, you will play a pivotal role in expanding our network by establishing partnerships with various retail, convenience, and other single-location businesses. You will be responsible for driving the growth of our parcel locker network while ensuring seamless integration and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll be doing:
Identify and target potential single-location businesses that align with InPost's strategic objectives.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the needs and pain points of different businesses to effectively position the value proposition of InPost's parcel locker solutions.
- Create and execute a strategic plan for acquiring new partnerships, including prospecting, pitching, negotiating terms, and closing deals.
Build and nurture strong relationships with decision-makers, stakeholders, and owners of single-location businesses.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, product, and technical teams to ensure a smooth transition from sales to deployment of our APMs.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
Collect and analyse data related to sales activities, market trends, and customer behaviour to identify areas for improvement and growth.
- Develop reports and dashboards to track key performance indicators and present insights to management team.
Sales Strategy and Planning:
Contribute to the development of the overall sales strategy and align it with the company's growth goals.
- Provide input on pricing strategies, sales tactics, and market positioning based on your insights from interacting with single-location businesses.
Team management & development
Manage a team of field sales and telephone sales agents to create a high performance sales culture that drives our growth ambitions.
- Develop a program of continuous sales development and training to ensure we maintain a world class sales team.
What we need from you:
Proven track record in sales operations, business development, or account management, with a focus on acquiring partnerships with single-location businesses.
- Strong understanding of the retail and convenience store industry, as well as the challenges they face in last-mile delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to present complex solutions in a clear and compelling manner.
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to analyse sales data and generate actionable insights.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to manage multiple partnerships simultaneously.
- Proficiency in CRM software, Microsoft Office Suite, and sales analytics tools.
- Ability to travel as needed to meet with potential partners and attend industry events.
Perks of the job!:
We love to reward our people for the great work they do:
Competitive salary plus the ability to earn OTE bonus
26 days holiday + 1 volunteering day
Hybrid working + home office set up scheme
Amazing offices in Soho and Hemel Hempstead
Work from anywhere scheme (up to 4 weeks per year)
Dog friendly offices (each Friday)
- Enhanced paternity and maternity leave
- Flexi-benefits platform new for 2023
Opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing logistics technology businesses in Europe (you can read more on our recent results here https://lnkd.in/d_cqN-R6 )
Ability to grow and progress with the business
- Opportunity to work across our European business (InPost is in 9 European geographies)
Genuine opportunity to influence and be part of the growth of the UK business
- No hierarchy, results oriented business
The InPost process:
We pride ourselves on our candidate experience. We want to make this as straightforward as possible, for you and for us! We will try our best to get back to you within a few days to let you know if we’d like to take you to the first stage. This normally involves a 20 minute chat with our Talent Acquisition Specialist. If we both feel the connection, you’ll then go through another one or two stages, depending on the level of the role.
At InPost, we love uniqueness. Our strength is our people.
We strive to create an open, equal, inclusive environment in which everyone has the opportunity to flourish and be themselves.