At Sperry we are here to inspire everyone to find common ground, as we have since 1935. We create products that can transcend boundaries because we believe it’s the little things that can help bring us together. We’re proud to embrace timeless styles and quality everyone can relate to. Join our team and help us inspire people to recognize their commonalities and create more meaningful connections and better communities.
The Senior Manager of Sales Operations & Planning oversees and manages the functions of research, analysis, and reporting of market and product trends as well as sales and financial trends. Assist with financial and product forecasting, planning, inventory purchases, managing ATP inventories, and managing overall purchasing and inventory levels.
Current Employees interested in applying for this role, use the Current Employee tab in the top right corner to apply.
- Manage sales forecasting and planning within the sales organization and across product teams, demand planning, and finance.
- Provide trend analysis for key accounts, sales territories, etc., on future seasons to enable accurate financial forecasting and to support inventory planning.
- Calculate, assign and monitor all sales force plans to ensure plans are allocated to all sales channels appropriately.
- Key stakeholder in ensuring backlog integrity and reliability – responsible for reviewing and directing any changes necessary in backlog and overseeing contract management process.
- Mitigate risk to business through partnership with DC operations, customer service, and other matrix operational partners to ensure orders flow seamlessly.
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement, including but not limited to bi-annual reviews of account assignments and streamlining processes.
- Develop Sales Promotion and Incentive Programs - K2 Sales Promotions setup – Sales Promotion Tracking.
- Implement, train, and manage sales enhancing technologies for the sales team.
- Produce inventory planning analysis and reports by working with Sales and Demand Planning to forecast specific product needs, to plan inventory purchases, inflows, and outflows, and otherwise to assist with the planning and management of overall inventory levels.
- Provide financial trend analysis on a regularly scheduled and ad hoc research and reporting on sales for key accounts, sales territories, etc.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or 4 years equivalent work experience
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to use data to identify and illustrate product sales and market trends
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with personal computers, including internet research and advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and BW reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A natural leader and team player with the ability to work closely with and manage others
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to multi-task and a willingness to step in to get the job done.
Normal office environment.
Wolverine Worldwide has a flexible, hybrid work schedule, with three days in office and two days remote.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
We are committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).