Ready for a Supply Chain
career with more impact ? Join a market leader in ingredient manufacturing that is poised for a new era of success.
Established yet entrepreneurial:
Primient is an industry leader with proven products, six manufacturing plants, 1500+ employees and deep roots in corn wet milling. Yet we're also a brand-new company that is ready to drive change and create impact.
Inspired by a meaningful purpose:
we use renewable sources to produce plant-based ingredients for some of the world's best-known brands. It feels good to produce safe, high-quality, sustainable products - that go into everything from sodas to hand cream and cardboard to clothing.
Poised for a new era of success:
we're investing in our plants and people to unlock our potential in the industrial and food sectors. Guided by our values of Safety, Excellence, Integrity, and Growth, we're focused on growing our business, our reputation, and the career of every colleague.
The Primient Supply Chain is a lean, Six Sigma operation that acts as the lifeblood of our business. It is an exciting time to be part of a team that is driving continuous improvement built on proven best practice.
The S&OE Planning Manager is responsible for managing the Sales and Operations Execution process across all Primient plants in North America. The role focuses on reprioritizing exceptions to plan, rebalancing value chain plans and monitoring forecast consumption and supply schedule attainment across the execution horizon (0-8 weeks). This is accomplished through regular collaboration with internal and external partners such as Sales, Manufacturing, S&OP, Customer Service and Product Management. The role oversees a team of production planners.
Lead the effort to implement and advocate S&OE to deliver target customer service levels, total costs, and inventory health, specifically:
- Maintain a comprehensive view of demand, supply and financial aspects of supply chain operations and use it to identify, communicate, and address short-term executional issues.
- Evaluate the impact of cost, inventory or service identified from demand and supply reconciliation from S&OE into S&OP. Ensure timely decisions and executions via a closed loop between S&OP, S&OE and supply chain.
- Maintain and report KPI's including schedule attainment, demand plan consumption, distribution plan adherence and inventory health.
- Facilitate S&OE meetings, ensuring that all information is presented and discussed, all stakeholders are engaged, decisions are made and agreed upon, and execution plans are documented with owners and completion dates.
- Responsible for the management of inventory adjustments, product allocations and replenishment planning of resale products.
Identify and execute joint value creation opportunities in the supply chain with key partners, specifically:
- Own the supply chain planning control tower role - identify opportunities and deficiencies that result in deviation from our plan, and coordinate countermeasures with appropriate parties.
- Track and identify slow moving or obsolete stock and develop strategies to minimize.
- Develop strategies to optimize the end-to-end value chain and drive continuous improvement.
Establish the right organization structure and lead the coaching of your team, specifically:
- Drive an aligned, customer-focused culture through clear performance targets, documented corrective actions, and regular one-on-ones.
- Promote a clear engagement strategy through meetings and communications aligned to key business objectives.
- Implement talent development and staffing and succession routines.
- Set the tone for the production planning team, serving as a role model for the company's values and mission.
Competencies, Skills And Traits
The ideal candidate demonstrates the following traits:
- Results Focused
- Detail Oriented
The ideal candidate has the following competencies and skills:
- Communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship-building and persuasion
- Analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to provide actionable and well-supported recommendations
- Ability to coach and advise team members
- Proficiency in data analytics and working with large data sets
- Proficiency in relevant software, such as Microsoft Office and ERP (SAP experience preferred)
- Understanding of financial and business planning
- Deep knowledge of supply chain planning and inventory processes
This role requires a minimum five years' experience in end-to-end supply chain. Prior supervisory/managerial experience is preferred.
This role requires a bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, engineering or a related field.
Rewards & benefits
Competitive salary / 401 K matching and non-contingent matching plans / Healthcare / Medical insurance
Our structure provides autonomy and accountability in your role. You have scope to develop a depth of expertise and the opportunity to follow career pathways outside the norm.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are passionate believers in the power of difference. We strive to represent the communities in which we operate and to provide an inclusive, welcoming environment for all. We want Primient to be a place where every employee feels they belong and knows they are seen, heard, valued and safe to speak up. Our aspiration is to unlock the full potential in diverse perspectives, while offering everyone an equal chance to grow, thrive and progress.
Primient is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of an inclusive workforce.
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect the following categories of personal information for the purpose of hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and work availability; Social Security Number and/or other identification information; Education and qualifications; Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and background check information, including relevant criminal history and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test results; Post-offer medical examination information and results, including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information provided by you during the hiring process.