We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to FinTech platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the FinTech world, and we’re excited to lead the small business FinTech revolution.
We are looking for people of character. Pragmatic and capable people who want to see their work drive better outcomes for small businesses — the backbone of our economy. You will join our team and work on the building blocks of everything Novo ships.
About the Role:
- Novo is a rapidly growing series B fintech startup with a mission-driven team that’s passionate about helping every small business in America
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- We work with very new technologies and architecture patterns
- We provide learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Able to work from the office 3+ days per week
- Offices in NYC, Miami, Delaware, India, and Colombia
We are looking for a Head of Channel Sales who has a proven track record, as a player / coach, to build high performing channel sales teams whilst winning trajectory changing partnerships. If you're passionate about Fintech, Small Business platforms and building high performing sales teams then we would love to chat! Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?Responsibilities:
Requirements for the Role:
- Build a channel sales strategy, including market map, commercial framework and operating capabilities to scale channel partnerships.
- Attract high performing talent with a mix of sales and account management skills, in line with portfolio growth
- Build sales capabilities at Novo including coaching on consultative sales skills, pipeline and reporting management and sales operations to improve sales cycle efficiency
- Prospect and close relationships with key target partners to increase customer base.
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth.
- Experience working as an individual contributor with the ability to hire, build and train the new business development team.
- Develop and iterate a partnerships playbook, creating processes and tools to drive new business with and through Novo partners.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product teams in deeper strategic product partnerships, including expanding core API capabilities such as an onboarding API
- Ability to build the business development strategy and map out a successful partnership ecosystem to offer additional value-added products/services to Novo customers.
How We Define Success:
- A Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience scaling a high-growth consumer technology company preferred working with SMBs.
- Knowledge of SMBs and/or Fintech.
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills; setting vision and strategy, planning, critical thinking, orchestrating cross-functionally, overseeing multiple project elements and proven track record of results.
- Effective oral and written communication skills (with all levels of the company), organizational skills, good attention to detail and use of sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Driven self-starter with a passion for excellence and an ability to work under minimal supervision. Must have demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong background in developing strategy, identifying partners, negotiating agreements, and rapidly scaling partnerships.
- Track record of identifying, prioritizing, executing, and exceeding partnership performance metrics. Experience implementing and executing against a variety of partnership models.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- New partnerships in target verticals
- Customer acquisition and growth via such partnerships
- New business models to expand partnership success
- Team performance versus quotas
- Fintech and platform experience
- Leading teams in a high growth start up
- Strategic, and problem solver
- Someone who is able to roll up their sleeves and is able to get their hands dirty
- Understanding onboarding API
Salary Range (NYC): $200,000-$210,000 annualized salary. This range is not inclusive of discretionary bonus or equity package, offers to be determined based on experience, education and skill set. The range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of New York City.
Novo values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.