The Sales Operations Manager will support the Sales team by optimizing our sales processes, productivity tools, and cross-functional communication to enable customer success. This position leverages data analytics to drive for greater results against trade management, forecast accuracy, and retailer growth.
The ideal candidate has experience supporting strategy and growth goals by spearheading internal workstreams, including sales forecasting, monthly business reviews, managing sales toolkit materials, and building streamlined broker/sales rep communications to deliver growth targets. Strong analytical skills a must.
High level connectivity with internal Operations and Finance teams, to enable customer success at all levels of the business. Works closely with Sales team and broker networks to execute with excellence in market. This role is highly collaborative and reports into the Head of Sales.
All candidates that can demonstrate qualifications for this position are encouraged to apply! Please make sure your application materials communicate specific achievements in past experiences performing the functions listed in this description which make you an ideal candidate.
Primary Job Duties
Excellence in Relationships
- Support the field sales team with new customer onboarding processes, price list management, promotion calendar distribution, and quarterly broker communication newsletters.
- Own development of “Master Deck Template” and supporting Sales Toolkit materials.
- Leads as main point of contact between internal cross-functional GCL teams and Sales by assisting with trade management and OTIF performance to ensure continued customer success.
- Support new customer onboarding and retailer portal management as needed with the Sales Operations Specialist
- Represent the company at trade shows to promote products. May occasionally be asked to join customer meetings.
- Support Sales team in preparation and presentations to retailers and brokers.
- Support Sales Operations Specialist with new-item setup and retailer.com platforms for product launches as needed.
- Supports VP of Marketing and Head of Sales with executing shopper marketing programs and communicating to the field and retailers (vendors include Quotient, Shopkick, etc).
Efficiency in Operations
- Develop and own monthly business review deck to communicate sales KPIs to internal executive and cross-functional teams.
- Build tools and processes for the sales team that focus on improving business efficiency,forecast accuracy, and team productivity including:
- Measure promotion effectiveness, calculate and analyze promotion ROI, unit/dollar velocities, and other KPIs for trade spend and provide recommendations to improve profitability.
- Assist with creation and rollout of annual trade and revenue forecast budgets.
- Owns analyzing weekly pacing to monthly forecast, providing notes on key risks/opportunities throughout the month. Partners with Sales Account Managers to identify risks/opportunities.
- Leverage distributor reports to identify opportunities to drive for greater sales; first building framework to use internally and then implementing into regular monthly process. Key focuses are identifying distribution voids, lags in repeat orders, and inventory on hand impact to forecast.
- Competitor analysis including promotion strategy and winning assortment.
- Partners with VP of Marketing and Head of Sales with new product innovation as needed specifically in identifying market size of prize, whitespace potential, competitive analysis, pricing size recommendations, etc.
- Attends all Innovation meetings to help executive new item launches.
- Works with Customer Service/Sales Coordinator for all new item system setup (1WorldSync, IX-One, Spins, Netsuite, etc)
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in sales management, business administration, or related field
- 2+ years in Sales Operations, Sales Planning, Retail Account Management, or similar experience.
- Experience in the Sexual Health and Natural/Wellness sectors a plus.
Supervises the Sales Operations Specialist (1 FTE) position.
- Full-Time, Exempt
- Remote/Hybrid Optional. Must be able to travel at least 1-2 times quarterly to Administrative Offices in Eugene, Oregon
- Reports to Executive Director of Sales
- $70,000 annual salary plus 10% base company performance bonus
- 401(k) with company matched contribution
- Medical, Vision, Dental insurances with shared employee premiums.
- 3 weeks of paid-time off in year one, plus holidays!
- Life and Accident Insurances
- Company wellness program
- Employee Discounts and more!
Submit your application or resume at www.GoodCleanLove.com/careers
Previous applicants are welcome to clearly demonstrate qualifications for this posting!