We are seeking a Deal Desk Manager to facilitate the department mission by establishing systems and processes to evaluate deals, and coach, train, and mentor our deal desk analysts. In addition, the Deal Desk Manager should incorporate feedback from, and act as a trusted advisor to, all deal stakeholders including our Sales, Accounting, and Legal teams.
PayJunction is relentless and emphatical about helping others. We exist to drive the success of our partners. Specifically, the developers who connect to us, businesses who process payments through us, and all of our team members who work with us at PayJunction.
We believe dreams inspire people to start a business, and others to partner with them. While building dreams, entrepreneurs and business professionals will face many challenges along the way. We believe great partners can make all the difference.
We are your dream partner.
Your success is our success.
Our dream is to help you realize yours.
We exist to drive the success of our partners. We do this by fundamentally changing the way you transact with others. We just happen to make great payment systems.. If you love helping others succeed, in a culture that celebrates perfecting your craft, consider partnering with us.
PayJunction takes a Flex First approach to work environments. This means that our team members can choose to work from our Santa Barbara office or remotely from home. We ensure that everyone has the resources and equipment to work where they feel most productive. We trust our teams to make the best decision for their work environment. All PayJunction employees must reside in one of the following states: CA, CO, GA, IL, MN, NY, TX.
Our Deal Desk team’s mission is to review every deal, every day and streamline the opportunity management process while acting as a trusted business partner for Sales, Accounting, Legal, and more.
- providing advice on the key value propositions that will assist sales in winning opportunities,
- streamlining the customer journey while normalizing the negotiation process to supercharge our sales teams’ velocity,
- validating proper referral attribution and rate assignments for accounting accuracy and legal compliance of every deal, and
- ensuring every deal is congruent with our Core Values.
Our Deal Desk team’s vision for success is: Deal Desk is the source of truth that PayJunction relies on for advice on pricing, data for forecasting, and ensuring all deals are optimally configured. Deal Desk is our Deal Oracle.
- Team Leadership:
- Conduct performance reviews, coach, train, and mentor the deal desk team to ensure accurate review of deals on a daily basis.
- Ensure Deal Desk team members are equipped to competently respond to pricing requests.
- Systems and Tool Management:
- Own and configure pricing tools and systems to accurately map costs, calculate profit, and incentivize performance.
- Manage PayJunction’s relationship with ISO AMP.
- Process Automation and Reporting:
- Automate Deal Desk processes and reporting to reduce manual efforts, remove bottlenecks, and streamline workflows for team members.
- Deal Integrity:
- Ensure deal accuracy by performing deal audits, verifying quota credits, commissions, residual payments, and Salesforce opportunity and deal tracking.
- Create Pricing Authority Matrices for distribution and ensure deals conform to them.
- New Deal Pricing:
- Generate high-quality pricing for various deal types, including match plays, margin plays, etc.
- Provide guidance and relevant pricing talking points to assist the sales team.
- Optimize deal size while adhering to core values.
- Compression and Attrition Control:
- Oversee, predict, and control attrition and compression events.
- Reporting Preparation:
- Ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of monthly reporting packages to stakeholders, including but not limited to:
- Monthly snapshots of key metrics.
- Partner additions/subtractions reports.
- ARR forecasts.
- Funnel journey timeline reports.
- Metric Calculations:
- Calculate and report on various metrics for stakeholders, including Sales Velocity, Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC), Customer Lifetime Value (LTV), and attrition rates.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, business administration, or related fields.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Work/Management Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in deal desk, finance, sales operations, or other payments industry roles.
- Minimum 3 years of pricing experience with proficiency in pricing strategies, negotiations, and financial modeling.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience in deal desk.
- Analytical Proficiency:
- Proficiency in general mathematics.
- Proficient in Excel and/or Google Sheets, including pivot tables, filters, and formulas.
- Strong analytical abilities with the capacity to interpret complex data, identify trends, and make recommendations.
- Industry Knowledge:
- Deep understanding of credit card processing interchange rates, dues, and assessments.
- Knowledge of processors, providers, and backend systems, including TSYS, FirstData, and related tools.
- Industry knowledge of competitor analysis, especially when determining competitive pricing and deal structures (e.g., Stripe, Square, Adyen, CardConnect, etc).
- Tools Proficiency:
- Experience with Pricing/Configure Price Quote (CPQ) tools.
- Familiarity with industry-specific tools such as The Strawhecker Group (TSG) Acquiring Industry Metrics (AIM) data, ISO Amp, Salesforce CPQ, and similar tools.
- Data Visualization:
- Preferred: Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, Looker, or other data analysis tools.
- Customer-Facing Skills:
- Strong customer-facing skills, particularly in assisting with complex pricing negotiations.
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates, PayJunction has grown from a bootstrapped startup to a recognized and respected leader in the payments industry. PayJunction processes more than $8 billion dollars annually for thousands of businesses with solutions that make it easy to accept credit and debit card payments in-store, online, and on-the-go.
Our people-first culture values long-term relationships over short-term profits. Honesty and integrity are part of every interaction with partners, customers and employees. We foster a collaborative work environment, where creative ideas are welcomed, teams are inspired, and success is celebrated. PayJunction is a place where you can find experienced mentors and supportive friends who are committed to your growth.
- Health, dental, and vision paid 100% by company
- 401k with 6% match
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Long-term & short-term disability coverage paid 100% by company
- 8 paid company holidays per year
- 2 paid floating holidays per year
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly “fun budgets” for team bonding events
- Opportunity to be part of a company that is changing a whole industry
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Opportunity for remote, in-office, or hybrid work
- The opportunity to choose the work environment that best suits you - remote, in-office, or hybrid.
- All remote & hybrid team members can enjoy:
- Company-provided equipment for your home office
- An equipment allowance for home office essentials
- Free instructor-led yoga classes via Zoom
- The opportunity to work at one, 2020!
- Those who choose to come into the office can look forward to:
- Bright and open offices in downtown Santa Barbara
- Stocked snack kitchens
- Collaborative work spaces with Herman Miller chairs, height-adjustable desks, and a large 32-inch monitors
- Dog-friendly office
- Build the Dream
- Put People First
- Value Long Term Relationships Over Short Term Profit
- Make it Simple
- Be Data Driven
- Own It
The base salary range for this role is $105-$130k/year plus benefits. Actual base salary offered will vary depending on factors including but not limited to: location, education, experience, skills and qualifications.
PayJunction is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a work environment where people from all backgrounds and identities thrive. We firmly believe that more diversity and inclusion in our workforce creates a stronger team, product, and culture.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. PayJunction reserves the right to conduct background and/or credit checks on all of its potential employees.
Powered by JazzHR