Happy vets make for happy pets.
Roo is on a mission to create a world of increased opportunity, professional empowerment, and improved animal care for animal hospitals and veterinarian professionals. By connecting hospitals in need with professionals with a new groundbreaking platform, our goal is to optimize hospital talent staffing and improve quality of life for veterinarians, all while giving pets a chance to have access to safe, high-quality care.
Over the next decade, Roo will unlock millions in economic opportunities, improve quality of life for tens of thousands of veterinarians, and facilitate millions of hours of pet care. We've been growing tremendously since launching in early 2019 and now seeing even more traction as we scale up fast.
What We Do
Roo (www.roo.vet) has created the first B2B labor marketplace in animal healthcare that connects veterinary professionals with hospitals through innovative technology, with opportunities to expand and offer more opportunities for both our demand & supply of users.
Our dynamic platform enables hospitals to fulfill personnel needs in real time, while allowing high-quality veterinary professionals to secure work at the click of a button. Beyond the platform, Roo represents a growing opportunity to help hospitals meet all-things staffing, and a growing community of resilient vet industry professionals who value flexibility and work-life balance, in addition to providing the best possible outcomes for clients and their pets.
Our aim is to combine experienced healthcare expertise with Silicon Valley talent to shake up this industry and change the way veterinarians and hospitals work!
About The Role
Roo is seeking a highly motivated Sales Operations Manager to play a key role in developing strategy around, and executing on, our GTM plan. The Sales Operations Manager will be responsible for creating and refining a tactical tool suite to help track and measure our success in new and existing markets. They will partner closely with our growth and data teams to implement the tools necessary to ensure field operations are running smoothly.
This role reports directly to the SVP Marketplace and may operate on a fully remote basis. However, occasional travel into markets or to our SF HQ Office for meetings and team events is required.
- As the Sales Ops Manager, you will partner with our Business Development and Marketplace leadership, as well as cross functional teams, on multiple initiatives that will accelerate Roo’s growth
- Manage the business needs in the field (utilizing insights and tools to drive business performance, evaluating and measuring field performance, cadenced business reporting)
- Support the creation and own the execution of sales and account management playbooks
- Define the key sales support systems/processes required to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve revenue attainment and market development objectives
- In addition to supporting our sales team, you will help redesign and improve our ongoing business operating system (Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly business reviews)and continuously improve our data, analytics and systems infrastructure
- Drive the execution and operationalization of programs and strategies to new territories and geos
- Own clear communication to the leadership teams regarding performance against monthly and annual targets
- Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution
- Support Business Development and Account Management teams in drafting and executing market strategies and programs including but not limited to developing strategies in lead generation and conversion rate improvements, supply acquisition, listing appeal and pricing optimization
- Partner with data team to size market demand and supply opportunities, and measure ROI
- Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on related projects as needed
- Minimum 5 years in a sales operation role
- Startup or early stage SAAS company experience required.
- Proven track record as a strong and influential cross-functional business partner
- Experience building and executing regional/local market strategies and programs, including GTM
- Develop and monitor metrics, dashboards and reporting tools to improve sales productivity and efficiency across the customer lifecycle
- Experience across the Customer Lifecycle with pre-sales, sales and customer success teams
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Comfortable with a variety of go to market strategy definitions and execution, familiar with sales methodologies, best practices, sales metrics and cycles, and supporting the day to day run of business needs
- Strong analytical thinking and critical problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Professional and consistent work habits, strong work ethic, driven to achieve company goals
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Proficient in common CRM tools such as HubSpot or Salesforce as well as Excel and GSuite
We have diverse, passionate & driven team members from a variety of backgrounds. For permanent, full time employees, we offer:
- Accelerated growth & learning potential
- Compensation: $85,000-$130,000; commensurate with experience and location
- Stipends for home office setup, continuing education, and monthly wellness
- Comprehensive health benefits with base medical plan covered by Roo with optional premium buy up plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Maternity/Paternity and reproductive care leave
- Gifts on your birthday & anniversary
- Opportunity for domestic travel, including for regional team building events
Overall, you would be part of a mission-driven company that will significantly empower the lives of all veterinary professionals and the health of the overall animal industry that seeks massive innovation.
We believe in diversity of experience and background, and understand that your individual experience may not check every box. We still encourage you to apply even if you are not confident in every expectation listed.
Ready to join the Roo-volution?!