Invest in yourself with a rewarding career at Caron.
Caron is one of the leading treatment centers in the US and recognized for high-quality, evidenced-based methods, and thought leadership in addiction medicine. In a culture that builds and sustains a trauma informed resilient staff at all levels of the organization and values personal and professional growth, our staff are mentored by some of the most respected experts in the field. We invest in our employees, providing financial plans, generous Paid Time Off programs, paid holidays, 401K employer match, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance programs, and benchmarking to ensure ongoing competitive compensation. Full Time employee benefits also include comprehensive medical, dental and vison benefit packages with wellness plan reduced insurance premiums and company-paid life and disability insurances. Apply today to begin a rewarding career with us.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversight and leadership of Caron’s patient acquisition funnels/departments which includes revenue and census, as well as strategic attention towards technology and innovation.
- Provide leadership and direction to the leaders of Business Development and Marketing, as well as Information Management Services & Innovation to build a cross-functional, cohesive department.
- Lead the development and execution of Strategic Planning for patient acquisition for Caron, working with other members of the Executive Leadership Team, Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors.
- Act as an Executive Advocate for organizational position related strategic projects and initiatives including leading the due diligence team to identify and triage business development opportunities, growth opportunities, and providing guidance and facilitation to quality/process improvement projects.
- Serve as executive lead of the Marketing Committee of the Caron Board of Trustees
- Execution of the strategic plan specifically in the areas of business development, marketing, admissions, communications, Public Relations, and Innovation.
- Provide a style of leadership that encourages a high degree of morale and teamwork among staff, which in turn fosters commitment, communication and decisiveness.
- Develop, execute and monitor operational budget and performance objectives maintaining yearly budget. Ensure that monthly programmatic and financial goals are met.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the duties or tasks that may be required or assigned.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work extended hours.
- Must be able to travel for work-related initiatives through air and other forms of travel.
- Must be able to deliver presentations to audiences in large and small group settings both in person and virtually.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline; MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in any combination of brand management, advertising, or marketing strategy.
- At least 10 years of experience developing and managing strategic marketing and communication plans.
- Proven marketing results
- Expertise in managing Information Management Systems Department as well as familiarity and investment in bringing for the improvement in Innovation and Technology
- At least 10 years of supervisory experience; 5 of leadership experience.
- If in recovery, 2 years of continuous sobriety is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated confidence in managing a coordinated Marketing/Business Development/Admissions/Communications management system.
- Strong Communication skills – board, committee, leadership, etc.