Sr Manager, Sales Operations
Reports To: Director Sales Operations
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Senior Manager of Sales Operations leads omni sales capabilities development and deployment within the Home Segment. This leader is responsible for developing and executing a collaborative change agenda with Home Segment Sales leadership that delivers consistent methods, process, and tools for planning and selling. The role will also serve as the voice of Sales in the Sales Operations Community of Practice, which includes other Segments and the Customer Center of Excellence (COE).
- Operating Discipline. Oversees the Home Segment Annual Planning and Monthly Operating Rhythm as well as a standard Billing and Forecasting process to deliver annual budget, market share goals, and weighted forecast accuracy attainment.
o Operating Rhythm. Manages/Develops a standardized Customer Calendar, Annual Account Planning Cadence, and Monthly Selling Operating Imperatives for the Home Segment.
o Omni Metrics & KPIs. Collaborates with the COE and other Segments on the required metrics and KPIs to run an omni business. Actively manages tracking of metrics / KPIs.
o Forecasting & Billing Process. Manages current forecasting & billing process while looking to make enhancements to make sales work easier, while also adapting to a standard Newell forecasting and billing framework.
o Long Range Planning & Annual Planning: Leads Long Range Planning process development and the Annual Account Planning process within the Home Segment while collaborating with COE leadership to generate optimum results for Newell.
- Capability Development. Works with Sales teams, Customer COE, and cross functional partners to develop, deploy, and enhance critical capabilities (Category Development, Sales Operations, Customer Planning, Revenue Growth Management) needed to fully realize customer experience vision and improve long term economics of the business.
o Omni Deployment. Leads capability deployment efforts across all capability pillars (Category Development, Sales Operations, Customer Planning), working with COE to implement process and tools changes required to accommodate the Newell standard.
o Tools Integration. Represents business point of view on IT and Information Delivery solutions required to enable the capability deployment.
o Change Management. Fosters a learning culture that embraces change by prioritizing key operating principles: trust, operational sustainability, and speed to execution.
- Sales Policy and Administration. Coordinate the development and maintenance of centralized selling resources, contract process management, any/all sales/customer distribution list and collateral (i.e. customer contact list, customer calendar, pricing files, sales policies).
- Team \ Talent Development.Managing direct reports while advancing Newell Brands’ 4 T culture (Trust, Transparency, Truth, Teamwork) and operational excellence across the Newell Sales capability. Responsible for the recruitment, selection, development, and retention of top talent.
- Voice of Home Segment. Collaborates with Sales Operation counterparts within Newell Brands COE and business segments, highlighting best practices, and deploying capabilities that enable planning and sales execution excellence.
- Project Lead / Implementor. Leads ad-hoc projects as it relates to corporate or Segment initiatives. Partners with sales, marketing, and corporate teams to develop and implement processes, tracking and reporting needed to achieve expected result.
- University or four-year college degree; MBA preferred
- 7+ years combined sales operations, sales, channel management, and/or brand management experience
- Ability to operate independently given direction, and bring ideas and solutions to issues raised
- Interpersonal savvy; an ability to effectively work with, influence and connect with all levels of employees across multiple functions and geographies
- Ability to improve processes and gain efficiencies within those processes
- Ability to motivate teams to produce desired tangible outcomes within tight timeframes
- Strong project planning, tracking & organizing skills
- Ability to analyze and understand complex data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to present data in an organized manner
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, FoodSaver, Calphalon, Sistema, Sharpie, Paper Mate, Dymo, EXPO, Elmer's, Yankee Candle, Graco, NUK, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Spontex, Coleman, Campingaz, Oster, Sunbeam and Mr. Coffee. Newell Brands' beloved, planet friendly brands enhance and brighten consumers lives at home and outside by creating moments of joy, building confidence and providing peace of mind. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.