This role is responsible for overseeing the daily revenue operations for the agency. This position will provide guidance and direction to staff to ensure efficiency in payment system operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads treasury supervisors, fare equipment supervisors, and count room supervisors to perform daily operations, efficiently and effectively. Oversees revenue technician staff, count room, and fare equipment mechanics team to ensure high system uptime and high operational efficiency. Ensures a clean and safe work environment.
- Implements, analyzes, and modifies division processes and procedures to assure accuracy, efficiency and alignment with the goals and objectives of the Department; assures the assignment of clear responsibility for processes and procedures; regularly reviews adherence to established procedures and corrects as necessary.
- Directs, develops, counsels and coaches subordinate personnel; coordinates the preparation and issuance of appropriate documentation relative to corrective and disciplinary actions in accordance with DART rules, policies and procedures.
- Authorizes and verifies requisitions for materials and supplies. Monitors the consumption of materials and supplies. Resolves abnormal usage rates and takes appropriate action to resolve variances.
- Ensures appropriate records are maintained related to employee productivity and other documentation related to procedures, accidents, employee conduct, training, and equipment defects including vandalism and abuse.
- Leads the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of policies, procedures, and standards affecting a variety of inter/intra departmental policies and procedures. Creates and updates SOP, business processes, and performance metrics for the department
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Business Administration, Operations Management, or a related field.
- Six (6) years professional experience including revenue operations, maintenance of equipment, and inventory management to include three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Proficient in personal computer (PC) software applications such as Windows, Microsoft Office applications of Word and Excel, presentation, and database, or other related software applications.
- High level of written and oral communication, analytical, and creative skills to find solutions to complex interpersonal, professional, technical, and administrative problems.
- Ability to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Receive first-hand customer information and use it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to demonstrate a fiduciary responsibility to the section, division, department and DART in handling confidential information and assets.
- Experience with ticket vending machines and fareboxes.
- Experience facilitating meetings and presenting complex information in a professional setting.
- Ability to use time effectively and efficiently, to concentrate efforts on the more important priorities, and attend to a broad range of activities.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Ability to learn new skills, technical details, and industry-specific information quickly.
- Pass a physical (medical) examination that includes a drug screen in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V
Commensurate with education and experience.