About This Role
This role location is flexible; Will require regular travel to our NY Head Office along with domestic travel to customers and industry events.
Sage is on a mission to improve care and quality of life for older adults, starting with those residing in senior living facilities. Falls are the leading cause of injury-related death among adults over 65. And yet, fall prevention and emergency response systems for older adults are archaic and ineffective. At Sage we've built a more modern way of understanding when older adults need help, including methods for residents to alert caregivers when in need of help, and corresponding software for caregivers to triage response. Our company mission is to create a product that our client counterparts love, and this role is a key part of that objective.
Sage is actively searching for a VP of Business Development who can lead our B2B sales efforts in our core growth markets.
You will be working mainly with our Head of Business Development as well as our CEO to develop comprehensive sales strategies, forecast revenue growth, identify key market opportunities, optimize our sales processes and establish strong relationships with strategic partners and key accounts to drive the company's revenue and position in the market.
Our team is made up of ex Google, Palantir, Apple and Boston Consulting Group along with many others. We are a small, tight team of ambitious, multi-disciplinary entrepreneurs. We are a software-enabled, mission-driven company, and are focused only on the problems that are central to achieving that mission. At Sage, we work hard and fast but also know that to build a truly important company, we need to treat our work as a marathon, and not a sprint. The journey matters.
- Create and implement effective sales strategies and lead nationwide sales personnel toward achievement of corporate sales objectives.
- Represent Sage at critical conferences and industry events to identify potential leads and areas for growth.
- Help develop and expand the structure of the sales organization at a regional and functional level.
- Take ownership of KPIs at a regional level, and provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting and establish high-performance sales KPIs. Drive the continued investment in sales force training, sales enablement tools, and sales operations.
- Cultivate professional and personal networks to identify new business opportunities and partnerships.
- Managing sales data and preparing insights to track vs. progress.
- Supporting the planning and execution of sales campaigns and promotional activities.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including marketing, finance, and customer success
- Bachelor's Degree
- Interest in the Senior Living Industry (Healthcare Sales experience is desired but not required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Track record in managing and running commercial operations
- Proven track record of achieving sales growth and leading teams to exceed targets.
- Strategy development, project management, problem-solving, and change management skills.
- Self-starter with desire to take ownership of key company initiatives and drive success; thrives in ambiguity and isn't scared of a challenge!
Our headquarters are located in New York City's Union Square. We believe in cross team collaboration. We think good ideas can come from anyone, and we've designed our processes to encourage participation from all. While we take our mission seriously, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We like to host offsites, outings, and team meals where we can connect as people, not just as colleagues. We offer office lunches several days a week and a fully stocked snack bar.
Our benefits package for employees includes competitive base compensation along with stock options. We feel that you should be paid well for your contributions to our mission, and that you should stand to gain as we grow and succeed. We also provide fully-paid health insurance coverage for all of our employees.