Data loss can be devastating. Whether it's caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent; all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 2,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times' list of America's fastest growing companies, and have raised $100 million in venture funding.
The team is looking for a Deal Desk Specialist to bridge the gap between finance and sales. You'd partner with the OwnBackup sales, finance, legal and operations teams on policy and processes to properly qualify and accelerate deal cycles to close and maximize revenue. Also, support the sales organization on important upcoming deals, and be the voice of reason to the sales/ operations team on needs and proposed updated to policy.
- Manage the daily quota and pricing approval processes, ensuring compliance with published sales and business approval policies and assist Sales with drafting and delivering order forms.
- Read and interpret commercial agreement language to ensure transactions comply with revenue recognition and business operational policies.
- Maintain an agreed upon Service level agreement (SLA) on deal turnaround times.
- Review proposals/quotes and provide Sales with deal structure and pricing guidance to increase profitability, meet strategic corporate goals, and accelerate deal closure.
- Ensure that sales proposals follow established corporate strategies and business terms and legal, billing and present a solid understanding of product offerings.
- Provide technical advice to resolve complex contract system questions and assist team with issues.
- Partner with Alliances GTM team to define, develop and manage processes for marketplace transactions.
- 3-5 years minimum working in either contract, orders administration, deal desk, sales or sales operations
- 2+ years of experience working with or supporting sales representatives, finance, legal and operations teams
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience with billing/revenue cycle management technology, process improvement or workflow implementations a plus
- Strong ability to use data to understand workflows and assess operational effectiveness
- Knowledge of cloud marketplace co-selling processes
- SaaS experience a plus
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.