Vice President of Global Sales Operations
Universal Instruments is a global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced automation assembly equipment. Our solutions are used to build some of today's most advanced electronic products. Universal Instruments is a cost effective enabler of the fast-moving electronics industry road map. From cell phones, tablets or advanced computing platforms, 5G infrastructure, internet of things, cloud computing and storage as well as wearable’s, sensors, MEMS, industrial, automotive, military and medical applications, our innovative solutions play an integral role in driving the future of technology!
The Vice President of Global Sales Operations will work closely with their regional General Managers and Executive leadership to develop and optimize go-to-market strategy, processes, systems and infrastructure that boost Sales productivity and efficiency, enabling accelerated revenue growth. In this role, you will lead and scale our Global Sales Operations, through coaching, mentoring and empowering our Sales team to be well-versed in the complete breadth of our products and services to be best positioned to profitably grow market share and increase customer satisfaction.
- This role can be based anywhere, with preference in the Continental U.S.
- The selected candidate will be able to travel nationally and internationally at least 50% of the time.
- Drive sales productivity & effectiveness through development and optimization of a rigorous, metrics based sales process across all geographies.
- Develop and deploy a strong sales channel infrastructure (including Reps, Distributors, Integrators, VARs) and channel management process.
- Establish budgets with Finance and regional General Managers to generate team objectives.
- Establish a management framework utilizing Forecast, Pipeline, Win/Loss and other sales analytics KPI’s to review, monitor, and develop specific course correction actions to improve forecast predictability, long term pipeline visibility & coverage, deal velocity and win rate.
- Drive support of regional execution plans via training, mentoring, coaching.
- Secure regional cross functional support, focus and flawless execution to achieve regional objectives.
- Establish with regional teams timely account plans, key account strategies and go-to-market strategies to maximize share growth and profitability.
- Drive cross-functional efforts with Marketing, Engineering, Finance, and Operations to remove barriers and maximize the velocity and efficiency of selling teams.
- Drive the transformation of the sales process & sales capability to closely align with how customers buy solutions in different markets. (PCBA Assembly, Advanced Solutions, After Market)
- Visit the highest level of customer executive management with regional Sales leadership in all regions to help understand opportunities, feedback competitive market information, guide organization to success, and support strategic deal closure.
- Working with the VP of Service and regional service teams, identify plans for profitable growth of the service business and support management of field execution.
- Leverage peers on executive leadership team to enable consistent customer wins.
- Foster trust and teamwork via an apolitical, committed, dedicated and transparent individual style.
- 20+ years’ experience with 15+ years as a Sales Operations leader, including 5+ years of direct sales experience, 5+ years of sales management experience, and 5+ years of global sales & service leadership in electronics automation capital equipment.
- Strong account alignment, qualification, closing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated performance deploying innovative prospection techniques.
- Passionate executive leader with proven track record as a change agent, transforming teams by inspiring, motivating, and developing talent to drive positive results and business outcomes.
- Proven experience with Channel Partner setup/management and key account management.
- Domain expertise in electronics, semiconductors, electronic assembly automation capital equipment.
- Ability to understand, articulate and document complex value propositions.
- Ability to generate, document and drive account strategies, execution plans, alignment plans, and negotiation plans.
- Strong influencer with a proven ability to develop working relationships in a matrixed, global environment and establishing a high level of credibility across functional lines of business. (i.e.: Sales, Marketing, Product and Software Development, Applications, Field Service)
- Ability to balance strategic and tactical execution and time management.
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, articulately communicating in a poised manner to align with customer executive management.
- Cultural understanding and deep experience engaging customers in China, South East Asia, and Korea.
- Experience managing complex application solutions and field applications engineering.
- Profitability oriented, with good financial acumen.
- Experience managing a field based global customer service organization to achieve customer success and profitable growth.
- Strong advocate and demonstrated expertise and success in the analysis, design, and automation of sales processes.
- Undergraduate Engineering Degree in Electromechanical, Mechanical, Semiconductor, and/or Electronics disciplines.
- Advanced commercial degree, MBA preferred.
- Continuing education in capital equipment sales management: Wilson, Miller Heinman or equivalent.
Universal Instruments is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.