At Airtable we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to "create anything." Just like Lego blocks, what our customers can build with Airtable is virtually limitless.
As Deal Desk Lead, you will be joining the Revenue Operations team in supporting a high growth, fast paced Sales and Customer Success org. In this role, you will be reviewing non-standard terms within Enterprise Scale contracts and partner with Sales to structure and approve contracts that mutually benefit Airtable and its Customers. Successful candidates will be problem solvers with strong intrapersonal skills, allowing them to introduce healthy friction into deal negotiation while maintaining strong and productive rapport with the Sales team.
Candidates will imperatively blend finance, legal, and accounting acumen as well as general strong business judgment. There is a lot of building to do. We're looking for folks who know what good looks like, but who are flexible, resourceful, collaborative and really excited to join us on our adventure to figure out both the right long term vision and the right next steps for tomorrow.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Sales team as a subject matter expert on deal policies, including contract terms, product configurations, and compliance requirements
- Monitor the Deal Desk queue for AE deal requests, ensuring requests are addressed thoughtfully and with urgency
- Quarterback non-standard deals through the contracting cycle & internal approval processes in collaboration with the appropriate cross-functional teams (Sales Leadership, Legal, Accounting, Billing, Product, etc.) to ensure that all deals align with corporate strategies and guidelines
- Strategically consult with AEs at the deal proposal stage and translate to customized Order Forms for complex scenarios
- Identify gaps and propose solutions or improvements to policies, processes and systems in support of compliance during the contracting process, and to help increase sales productivity (growing deal size, increasing frequency of expansions, helping reps win deals)
- 4-6 years of work experience (with at least 2 years of Enterprise Software industry in a Deal Desk, Finance, or Sales Operations role experience preferred)
- You have an aptitude for problem-solving, providing an empathetic perspective, and educating others
- You have an enthusiastic "roll up your sleeves" mentality and excel collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You work well under pressure, with a high degree of adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and propose necessary changes
- Comfortable communicating with Executive level decision makers
- Strong analytical skills and experience with profitability analysis and pricing strategy
- Experience with Salesforce and financial modeling in Excel
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $136,000 - $184,000 for work locations in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, NYC and LA. The base salary range for this role is $122,000 - $165,000 for all other work locations including remote. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation.To learn more about our comprehensive benefit offerings, please check out Life at Airtable.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable's collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.