Brightcore Energy provides end-to-end energy efficiency and clean energy measures to commercial, industrial, and institutional clients. We have the intellectual and financial capital to develop, implement, fund, and maintain clean energy solutions. Our diverse solutions range from lighting and other energy efficiencies to renewable energy solutions such as solar, battery storage and geothermal. Brightcore Energy provides our clients with immediate cost savings and revenue potential without the need for any capital investment. We are about Building Energy Performance.
This role will play a pivotal part in driving operational excellence within the Business Development team. In addition, this role will optimize sales processes, manage sales data and analytics, and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the success of business development initiatives. This individual will possess strong analytical skills, leadership abilities, and the ability to communicate effectively throughout various levels of the organization.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
(Management may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
Sales Process Optimization:
- Evaluate and enhance the end-to-end sales process to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement solutions to streamline workflows.
- Identify, implement, and manage the customer relationship management (CRM) tool, HubSpot to enhances productivity and efficiency of the business development team.
- Provide training and support to ensure optimal utilization of the CRM platform, HubSpot.
- Develop and deploy a customer satisfaction process via a third-party such as Qualtrics or JDPower to analyze customer satisfaction.
Sales Data Management:
- Oversee the pre-qualifications cycle with all business development team members.
- Create and manage the RFP sourcing and follow up as needed for all verticals.
- Collaborate and lead the weekly business development meeting providing insight and analysis via a weekly dashboard with KPIs and action items.
- Oversee the collection, analysis, and reporting of KPIs for the business development team using data insights to identify trends, opportunities, and potential areas of concerns.
- Provide recommendations and solutions to the senior leadership team to enhance the sales process through the Customer Relationship Management platform, HubSpot.
Sales Forecasting & Planning:
- Collaborate with the business development team to develop accurate sales forecasts and plans. Monitor performance against forecasts, identify discrepancies, and work collaboratively with Finance to ensure alignment.
- Foster strong relationships and communicate effectively with cross functional teams including Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and Project Development.
- Develop and monitor key performance metrics for the business development team, such as conversion rates, win/loss rations, and sales cycle duration. Regularly communicate performance updates and trends to senior leaders.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of business development processes, policies, and procedures. Ensure that the business development team has access of up-to-date best practices and resources to facilitate their work.
- Stay current with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies related to business development. Proactively identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and implementation of innovative solutions.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Data Analytics, Marketing, or a related field required. (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven experience (5+ years) in sales operations or a related role within the renewable energy industry.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data and translate it into actionable insights.
- Proficiency in using CRM software (e.g., HubSpot) required, data analytics tools, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
Expected Hours of Work:
An employee of Brightcore must work a minimum of thirty (30) hours each week to maintain full-time status for benefits purposes, however the expectations of the position will require an average of forty (40) hours with overtime required as scheduled.
- Travel Required up to 10% within the Northeast.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is a non-safety sensitive position.
This job description provides a general overview of the expectations and basic duties of the job and is not a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. Brightcore will assign additional duties and tasks that it deems necessary to meet the requirements of the position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a hybrid role based in Armonk, NY. No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Brightcore Energy is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives.
Brightcore Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Brightcore Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all aspects of employment, including job assignment and compensation.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This job description provides a general overview of the expectations and basic duties of the job and is not a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. Brightcore Energy will assign additional duties and tasks that it deems necessary to meet the requirements of the position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.