Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
As the Global VP, Sales Operations you will drives the continued development of a global best-in-class sales organization and collaborates with the sales leadership team and with other internal functional organizations to coordinate all sales activities and programs necessary to drive a high-performing, team-oriented culture. You will develop and drive the sales forecast process globally and maintain strong relationships with sales leaders to ensure timely and accurate sales forecasts and reporting. Using knowledge of Medallia products, services, support and technology, you will oversee Sales Operations and Enablement and bring to bear best practices to enable effective and timely operational cadences, including timely, accurate, and prompt forecast submissions and pipeline reviews. Additionally, you'll work with Sales and Finance Teams to develop and administer the company’s worldwide sales forecast and organize financial modeling and statistical studies for the sales department.Responsibilities
- Works with the Global EVP of Sales and cross functional leadership to establish global sales goals to support and meet Medallia’s revenue and strategic growth goals
- In conjunction with sales leadership, develops, aligns and implements regional and/or territory assignments and sales plans and deploys sales quotas
- Ensures that a robust management operating system exists, including key business metrics and trends that support the business unit decision-making process
- Facilitates the design and implementation of the company’s sales incentive plans
- Ensures sales budgets are designed, developed and adhered to quarterly
- Manages the definition and distribution of all SPIFF’s (special incentive programs) working closely with Finance
- Manages the sales forecast process. Works with Sales and Finance to develop and administer Medallia’s sales forecast
- Manages all sales support systems, and drives implementation and adoption sales reporting systems
- Typically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business or related field; or 12 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 8 years experience; or equivalent experience in Corporate Finance or Sales Operations
- 10+ years of deal desk, revenue recognition, sales operations and/or public accounting experience
- 2+ years of experience providing deal desk/deal structuring and revenue guidance to stakeholders i.e. Sales team
- Demonstrated experience applying ASC 606 revenue rules
- 2+ years of people management experience
LOCATION OF THIS ROLE:
- Experience in business, operational leadership roles in a global SaaS Sales environment
- Experience in crafting strategic vision, making data-driven business decisions, including identifying gaps or business needs, and innovating and scaling solutions
- Proven track record of success with a history of achieving customer retention and expansion sales goals
- Possess that rare blend sales acumen wrapped in a strong customer-centric mentality
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics or intelligence operations
- Management experience and skills with proven experience influencing in a highly-matrixed company
- Extensive experience engaging at an executive level both internally with cross-functional groups and externally with partners
- Proven record of leading a diverse, high performing team across geographical regions and experience building high-performing, inclusive teams
- Demonstrated passion for operations, data intelligence, enablement and thorough understanding of cross-functional alignment in a global environment
- Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with all C-level executives and senior leaders
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills
This role is listed as Remote, United States but we are open to considering candidates in other global locations if they reside in a country where Medallia currently has a business entity set-up.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.