Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Treasury as a Service (TaaS) team is charged with leading the design, build, and commercialization of best-in-class flexible enterprise-wide FX, virtual accounts, and currency management solutions as we seek to meet the growing and increasingly diversified needs of clients moving funds around the world. In addition, TaaS includes the commercialization of Currencycloud, our recently acquired cloud-based embedded cross border money movement infrastructure solution and the integration of these capabilities into Visa platforms & solutions.
Treasury is a key enabler of Visa’s seamless cross-border commerce. Historically, Treasury has delivered the systems, processes and capabilities to support foreign exchange services for our Issuer and Acquirer Clients around the world, and managed and executed settlement of consumer purchases in 28 currencies every day. As our network and our business expands, including with the introduction of Commercial and Money Movement Solutions (Visa B2B Connect, Visa Direct, and Visa Government Services) and use-cases involving global money movement, rapidly evolving consumer expectations with fintech, wallets and neobanks, new distribution models like open banking demanding API based multicurrency solutions, and new settlement models leveraging crypto beginning to enter mainstream, our Treasury capabilities are adapting to meet clients’ needs and support our vision for Visa to be the embedded cross border payments facilitator across a range of use cases – Purchase Flows, New Payment Flows, and Off-Visa Flows.
What a Sales Operations Analyst does at Visa:
You will be reporting to the Sales Operations Manager and working closely with wider business stakeholders to ensure the streamlining of our sales processes from the top of the lead funnel all the way to Customer Success.
- Front-line support for Sales and Sales leadership, solving queries and problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes and work with managers to scope out projects.
- Create and drive adoption of new business and systems processes for operational efficiency.
- Monitor data and performance of sales and marketing activities to identify trends or issues with data quality.
- Create and manage dashboards and reports for various teams throughout the business.
- Participate in process and systems projects including Salesforce.com development, design and deployment of new sales and operations tools, and process design.
- Ad-hoc analysis as required by Sales and Sales Operations leadership.
Why this is important to Visa
You will be instrumental in supporting our rapidly growing revenue organisation and enhancing the framework to scale Currencycloud to the next level. The work you do will impact the way various teams perform and will contribute to the overall success of the business.
What you will need:
- Minimum 2 years experience in Salesforce administration
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Highly motivated, goal orientated, well organised with an attention to detail.
- Analytical and quantitative problem solving skills.
- Strong data visualisation and communication skills.
- Outstanding relationship building skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.