Managing Director, Mountain Region (Accounting, Tax & Payroll)
Do you love advising small businesses on all things tax related because you have an entrepreneurial desire? Are you looking for being a senior-level leader of a forward-thinking accounting and tax firm backed with significant capital for growth? Come join our firm and help us build it into a thriving growth company!
Serving the market for more than 30 years, PREVAIL Business Services is the legal entity of multiple accounting, tax and payroll firms across the United States, who focus on supporting small business owners and franchises. This senior leadership role for a Managing Director for our Northeast region (PA & RI) will require someone to have deep expertise in operations in the areas of tax and accounting for small-to-mid sized businesses, along with exceptional leadership skills. You will be a key role on the Management team and will report to our Chief Operating Officer. The scope of responsibilities include managing a team of financial professionals while interacting with our clients on a frequent basis to ensure that workflows are running smoothly, processes are being followed and clients are happy. You will be a “thought leader” that helps us identify and implement new software and technological to consistently keep our operation best-in-class in efficiency and client service standards. As we are in a growth mode, someone with a willing to roll up their sleeves and work hands on will be required. In return, we will give you a fun place with good people to work with!
This role will be located in the greater Denver area (flexible to be located in either Monument or Lone Tree, CO office) area and will travel between the alternate office plus Arizona. Relocation will be offered for the right candidate!
What Will You Do? Our newest team member will be responsible for the below, but not limited to:
- Provide overall direction, leadership and operations support to Accounting, Tax and Payroll team members within the Mountain region (AZ and CO).
- Develop annual and monthly budgets for the offices and manage P&L to hit key profitability and client retention metrics.
- Participate in identifying transformative business processes to progressively move the business forward and implement change.
- Enable your expertise as the office leader from an operations perspective and partner with our Accounting and Tax Leaders on their efforts to serve our clients.
- You will use your excellent communication skills to drive organizational priorities, goals and messages while inspiring change within the local offices.
- Be obsessive about client interactions and managing the client experience to ensure onboarding, implementation and start-ups are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Lead the team members in coaching, development and professional opportunities for team members.
- Partner with Chief Revenue Officer and Sales professionals to ensure office is positioned well in the marketplace in terms of marketing, networking and business development.
What Do You Bring to Us? Our key attributes for consideration include:
- Bachelor’s degree required; in Accounting, Tax or Finance a huge plus. Advanced degree is a huge plus and will be given preference during the screening process.
- CPA designation or Enrolled Agent designation considered an excellent qualification.
- Proven track record with at least 10 years’ recent experience in operations; accounting, tax or payroll industry experience will be prioritized for candidates.
- Proven experience managing and leading teams.
- Experience with full P&L responsibility of a department, region and/or business.
- Excellent employee relations acumen and ability to manage and perform well within an entrepreneurial environment of ‘unknowns’; excellent people-management skills.
- US Work Authorization is required.
What Can We Offer? As we continue to grow, we want our employees to be heard & valued and we will provide you with:
- This leadership role will have an attractive compensation package including a base salary commensurate on experience and matched skills along with a bonus tied to goals, objectives and financials for the regional offices.
- Employee paid monthly premiums (this is a rare benefit in the marketplace!) for medical, dental and vision with no waiting period for you and your dependents!
- A generous paid vacation (18-25 days) and sick/personal (7 days) program along with time off for volunteering and other needs; equaling more than 5 weeks during the year.
- 12 paid holidays.
- 10 weeks of paid parental leave after 1 year of service.
- 401k with matching with no waiting period on vesting after first pay cycle.
- Fun, company-sponsored office activities/celebrations.
- Career & growth opportunities for interested team members!