Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) will serve as a strategic business partner to the CEO, senior management team, and the Board of Directors ensuring scalable and sustainable revenue generation, development, and monetization of new business initiatives, optimizing successful sales execution, and identifying and capitalizing on trends in the marketplace. The CRO will serve as a key contributor to the company’s growth initiatives and will lead revenue generation functions of the company, including all new and expansion sales and annual pipeline targets and creation, marketing, sales development, partnerships and ideally client success management to ensure cross-functional collaboration to execute the business strategy.
The CRO must have experience overseeing marketing and Business Development (channels and sales partnerships) as well as sales functions, or demonstrable experience working collaboratively with these critical functions.
Role and Responsibilities
The CRO will be a strategic member of the executive management team of the company, and will provide counsel and input on product strategy, market strategy, and overall business evolution. Ideal candidates must have recent experience as a senior operational executive (CRO, Chief Commercial Officer, SVP or EVP of Sales or equivalent) ideally in a growth-stage information and technology/SaaS company. He / She must have P&L or revenue responsibility and demonstrate success growing revenue and consistently exceeding forecasted targets. In addition, the CRO must have demonstrated the ability to build and lead a strong team that can scale as the company scales.
· Build a full customer-centric sales organization to penetrate the customer base more deeply.
· Refine the sales model, enhancing relationships with customers, increasing new business acquisition and scaling across mid-market and enterprise segments
· Implement necessary adjustments to optimize performance, move quickly on opportunities and build/refine infrastructure for the future.
· Create and execute long-term sales plans, including strategies, goals, quotas, tracking mechanism and analytics with the ultimate goal being to build a metrics-driven and predictable revenue stream
· Demonstrable success hiring, mentoring, and retaining sales talent, both Account Executives and SDR’s, and building high-performing teams
· Experience implementing ongoing sales training and development.
· Lead and grow to optimal operational effectiveness and success the marketing organization to take advantage of RRI’s existing successes and capitalize on the unique opportunity
Provide direction and vision to the marketing organization including demand generation, brand, product marketing, events, and content.
· Proven experience defining target personas and devise and implement the strategies to effectively market and communicate to these targets.
● A demonstrable track record of building and leading both sales and marketing organizations for an enterprise SaaS company.
● Proven success in designing, building, and executing a go-to-market strategy focusing on marketing, business development, pricing, revenue operations/management, alliances, and sales.
● Experience scaling revenue streams of a growth stage business
● Expert in new business acquisition, negotiation tactics, complex account management and business development for an earlier stage organization
● Experience working with other channel partners helpful.
● Strong track record of developing revenue-driving marketing strategies, events, and plans
● Strategic ability to create metrics-driven sales models, combined with the expertise to execute.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $225,000.00 - $275,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Commission pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person