At Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. we take pride in being an industry leader in metal processing and distribution. Since 1842, it has been our mission to provide our customers and communities with the absolute best in carbon steel, aluminum, stainless steel and more! Metal is the most essential and sustainable material on the planet and a part of our everyday life. As a member of the Ryerson family, you will support employees who provide metal to customers across industries that make things such as high-octane sports cars and trucks, electric vehicles, sports stadiums, luxury hotels, first responder/healthcare equipment, military, aerospace technology, props used on movie sets and even smart phones! www.ryerson.com
Be a part of history. Join our team.
Your career at Ryerson will offer meaningful work, competitive rewards and an engaging workplace. We provide extensive training, development and professional advancement, and you will find meaningful opportunities to contribute to the success of the company. Ryerson is looking for individuals who exhibit high energy, enthusiasm, a passion to challenge how we do things, and the confidence and aptitude to improve them. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and we believe in promoting from within, as well as providing the resources for long-term career development.
What’s in it for you at Ryerson?
• Over 100 transferable Ryerson locations throughout North America
• Three weeks of vacation, paid sick days, and holiday pay
• Company 401k contributions plus employer match
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance available Day 1
• Health and wellness programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
• “Ryerson Gives Back” to our local communities
• Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
• and more!
We are currently seeking a Sales Operations Specialist to join our East Multi Market in either Columbus, OH. This is a new position critical to delivering excellent internal and external customer experiences at Ryerson. The Sales Operations Specialist role is critical for our speed-to-quote, technology, and transactional growth initiatives. Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager, a successful candidate will be responsible for duties including but not limited to:
•Quickly building strong relationships with internal
Ryerson employees and external vendors
throughout the US.
• Creating and modifying orders within SAP.
• Possess the skillset to wear many hats and pay
great attention to detail.
• Keeps internal employees informed about order tracking and lead times throughout the entire sales process
• Uses critical thinking to solve problems to efficiently
provide a delivered product to the customer within an allotted amount of time.
• Keeps detailed records of tracking of material
• Other duties as assigned by managementPosition Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Prior sales or industry experience is preferred.
• Customer-centric mentality
•Excellent professional written, verbal and interpersonal
communication skills required
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing
• Positive attitude, goal-oriented, and driven by
excellent customer experiences.
• Flexible and solutions-oriented