Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
You’ll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom's overall business, partner with our senior Sales, Sales Operations, and Business System leaders, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
As a Manager, Sales Operations for GTM and Global Initiatives, you will help make the global sales team and sales operations team more effective and efficient by using a scaled approach to crack the most important operational and systems challenges across the quote-to-cash ecosystem. You will lead a team responsible for owning the Sales Operations quarterly project roadmap, identifying gaps and making improvements in the order-to-cash cycle, and project managing design, evaluation, procurement, implementation and enablement of new go-to-market initiatives and tools.
We're seeking a proactive and independent thinker with strong business acumen, excellent communication, and collaboration skills. The ideal candidate is experienced in leading and managing teams, capable of working in a structured manner, thrives in ambiguity, and has no hesitation in rolling up their sleeves to address business challenges and devise solutions for previously unaddressed problems.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Act as an advisor to sales and cross-functional leadership by delivering recommendations to help optimize the sales process and achieve strategic priorities
- Lead a team of Salesforce admins and program managers to deliver results for Intercom’s sales organization
- Manage a wide range of key projects for the business such as sales tool optimization, process improvement initiatives, global expansions, new product launches, company-wide initiatives and other highly diverse projects
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and opportunities for scale in existing workflows and map out programs to drive improvements
- Work independently on projects, and apply judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders in Sales, Legal, Business Systems, Product Management, Engineering, and other teams across the company
- Keep leadership team informed of status and risk of owned programs and projects
What skills do I need? 📖
- 6+ years experience in Sales Operations, Project Management, or Business Systems at SaaS/Technology companies and 2+ years in a people management role
- Experience in dealing with complex, cross-functional deal/contract management across cross-functional teams
- Understand existing Salesforce CRM and Systems core processes and how new Go-To-Market motions will impact existing processes
- Strong structured problem solving skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with and influencing senior management
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Experience defining and optimizing a PLG/PLS motion
- Experience leading transformational and strategic programs
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
The base salary range for candidates within the San Francisco Bay Area is $153,000- $207,000 USD. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
We currently operate in a hybrid working model in the San Francisco office.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.