About Harvard Bioscience
Harvard Bioscience is a leading developer, manufacturer and seller of technologies, products and services that enable fundamental research, discovery, and pre-clinical testing for drug development. Our customers range from renowned academic institutions and government laboratories, to the world's leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology and contract research organizations. With operations in North America, Europe, and China, we sell through a combination of direct and distribution channels to customers around the world. We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: HBIO) with over $113M in revenues in 2022.
A career with Harvard Bioscience is an experience where our employees are energized and aligned to our purpose - Solutions to advance life science. With an experienced leadership team with a track record of delivering growth and accelerated business improvements, HBIO sees an opportunity to drive significant organic growth by leveraging and expanding its deep customer relationships, new product development and an empowered, efficient sales force.
HBIO is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Deal Desk Analyst working in the Customer Service group. As a Deal Desk Analyst, you will play a vital role in the sales process by reviewing and finalizing sales and service orders, ensuring accuracy, and facilitating seamless deals booking. You will support multiple teams including Sales, Finance, Legal, and Operations ensuring smooth deal progression and timely deal closure. Deal Desk is not currently a full time job; the remaining time would be in supporting Order Entry as part of the Customer Service group.
Essential Job Functions
Reports to: VP, Global Client Services. Interacts frequently with the General Counsel and VP, Sales Operations.
Pricing And Discount Approval
The Deal Desk Analyst is the Sales advocate & partner to internal organizations to understand contract requirements. The Deal Desk is the business facilitator for the Discount and Deal Approval Matrix. As the liaison to the Sales Team they are essential in managing the relationship with between Customer Service, Operations and Sales. Pricing and discounting are business decisions, not Legal terms, and the result of these decisions will ultimately reside in the contractual agreement and fulfillment between the company and its customers.
Deal desk admin
Triages incoming Sales deals based on materiality. Materiality is determined by the approval matrix.
- Socializes deal and procures necessary approvals within organization.
- Prioritization: Deal Desk works very closely with the Sales team and Sales management to address highest importance deals first.
- Reviews communications and agreements with customers (including "informal" commitments made by customer facing personnel)
Seeks / obtains approved pricing related to a deal or a customer contract. Uses set tools with established thresholds to determine whether deal margins are acceptable for the company.
- Flags deals which should route into either the pre-order and custom order process. Communicates with product management where needed.
- Ensures contract opportunities comply with financial governance and export compliance requirements, as well as company policies
- Reviews sales purchase order terms and conditions and provides redlines/feedback with corporate policies
- Works with accounts receivable to facilitate communication between HBIO and customer for payment, credit, etc. and can recognize when escalation is needed to technical accounting (revenue recognition)
Deal "Help Desk"
- Is the first line resource for contracts / deal desk related questions, escalates when necessary. Is internal point of contact to ask for HBIO standard contract templates
- Is responsible for routing simple contracts (such as quality agreements or vendor qualification forms) from customers around the organization
- Assists in gathering all written contract / documentation with customers (help to populate Global Contracts Database)
- Manages export compliance inbox
Understands and can provide help around HBIO Approval Matrix
- Provides the organization guidance on responsibilities, limits of authority and escalation path
- A good understanding of the key elements that turn deals into cash revenue for a company. Deal Desk members have excellent knowledge of products and services pricing, and acceptable business terms & conditions of contractual documents. They are the business partners to Sales as well as all the other internal groups such as Finance, Legal, and Product Management. Deal Desk ensures that deals, especially complex deals, are good for Sales, the Company and more importantly, the customer.
- Support management of orders including but not limited to new product, spares, customer returns for credit. Helps manage customer service ticket queues and provides backup for customer service team for vacation, sick time, high volume times.
Skills And Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree in Data Analytics, Business, Economics, Finance, Math or Engineering preferred.
- Hybrid work with office located in either Holliston, MA or St. Paul, MN
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and analytical with Excel skills, including knowledge of pivot tables, v-look ups Will be able to manipulate raw data in Excel spreadsheets
- Fluency in business intelligence tool (e.g. PowerBI or Tableau).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Experience with ERP or CRM systems; Salesforce or another CRM a plus
- English mandatory; any other language skills a plus
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERAN/DISABILITY
In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro