Founded by chef David Chang, Momofuku’s mission is to challenge the conventions of food — in restaurants and beyond. We launched our line of pantry essentials in 2020 to bring restaurant flavors to home cooks everywhere. Since then, we have grown our small but mighty team and our products can now be found nationwide — from our ecommerce marketplace to the shelves at grocery stores like Whole Foods and Target.
The Senior Sales Operations Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of Momofuku Goods’ retail sales forecast & its integration into our broader S&OP process to maximize customer success in adequate inventory flow and minimize out-of-stock risk at shelf. Ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of the flow from sales orders to POS consumption, as well as proven success in forward-looking forecasting and demand planning based on performance data & insights.
Only New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Texas, Arizona and California applicants
Compensation Band: $125,000 - $135,000 annually
At Momofuku, we value our team members and make it a priority to offer competitive compensation packages that encourage longevity with the company and long-term growth. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical, 401k, paid time off, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and dining discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our team members to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
- Develop retail sales forecast models that provide Operations team with the information they need to plan supply & inventory purchasing within required lead times
- Work closely with the broader Sales team to ensure any changes in consumption from baseline trends to planned merchandising is built back into the forecast to minimize gaps/overages in demand plan
- Develop & consolidate various customer forecasts, innovation projections, and broader marketing events to a single retail channel forecast
- Develop sales reporting, pertaining to forecast accuracy & outlook vs. year-end financial expectations
- Analyze retail weekly orders filed & summarize tracking against month-end/annual forecast & budget; identify drivers associated with unexpected order spikes & communicate findings to broader team on a weekly basis
- Monitor & inform the team of any significant changes to customer and/or product contribution % to total retail business
- Collaborate with broader Momofuku team in to ensure shipments reporting is sufficient & accurate for sales needs across systems (e.g. Netsuite, Shopify, etc)
- Work closely with Trade & Sales Planning Manager to ensure outlook on promotional volume is accurately captured in the revenue forecast & trade budget
- Ensure orders from retailers & distributors are meeting increased demand expectations during periods of seasonality, promotions, digital marketing and all other in-store activities
- Assess & monitor customer/distributor inventory levels where portal data exists
- Provide recommendations to the team on where sales could be optimized at the account/product level
- Facilitate communications between Momofuku Sales/Operations teams and Retail/Distributor teams to sell-in additional orders in the event of low inventory/stock risk at shelf
- 5-7 years of CPG Sales and/or Supply Chain & Operations Experience
- Strong understanding of consumer packaged goods industry, retail channels, and retail forecasting methodologies;
- Strong experience working across Sales, Marketing, Product, Operations & Finance functions
- Strong experience with syndicated data, shipments & order data analysis;
- Detailed thinker and ability to influence internally and externally;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 8+ years of CPG Sales and/or Supply Chain & Operations Experience
- Experience with a combination of food distributor & direct buying channels
- Experience in Netsuite and/or CPG industry ERP system
- UNFI & KeHE portal & relationship management experience
- Innate understanding of Momofuku internal processes and cross functional systems usage
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to use computer keyboard, writing and answering phones.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of
Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.