Johnson & Johnson MedTech Commercial Excellence, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Deal Manager, Deal Desk. The position will be home office based and can be located anywhere in the United States.
Commercial Excellence is responsible for the development and execution of contracting strategies for customers within the J&J MedTech. Commercial Excellence includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options/parameters by customer segment), Deal Desk/Offer Development, customer analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations), CPC governance (rules and processes for approving deal exceptions) and Account Management. The Deal Desk/Offer Development team works in close collaboration with Field Sales, Account Management, Contract Strategy, Contract Management, and other partners such as Legal, Finance, Health Care Compliance, Government Compliance, etc. to put together the most appropriate offering (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer.
As the healthcare market continues to evolve there is an increased focus on reducing costs, improving outcomes, and increasing patient satisfaction. The med tech segment has undergone a dramatic shift in how the prices of our products are viewed in the marketplace, with significant downward pressure, price transparency, benchmarking, and competition. A Deal Manager is responsible for being the primary point of contact with Account Management or Field Sales on all aspects relating to contract development, negotiations, amendments, and issue resolution and routing the requests to the appropriate parties on behalf of the Account Manager. The Deal Desk/Offer Development is the front end of the contracting engine for the entire J&J MedTech organization and has responsibility for directing the analysts and specialists that support the development and refinement of the specific offer.
- Partner with account team leads, field sales leaders and other internal partners to develop, implement, and maintain agreements that align with and directly impact JJMT business goals and objectives.
- Support the implementation of national or regional contract strategies while offering creative contracting solutions at the local account level that fits within the national strategy focus.
- The position is a key driver of the offer development process, develops implementation strategies, and provides input to risks and implications to management and proper approvals via finance and CPC (contracting, pricing committee).
- Drive the development of detailed offers leveraging product expertise, business acumen and professional judgment while adhering to contracting strategies and price matrices.
- Develop rigorous, error-proof offers and analysis, maintaining a high attention to detail, while still seeing the emerging patterns, trends and insights across offers.
- Provide proactive analytics to the Account Management teams to move from reactionary to proactive negotiations and deal development.
- Represent customer offers and proposals to the Companies Contract and Pricing Committee
- Partner with Contract Strategy teams to execute newly developed contract offerings, new product launches, integration of acquisitions into our contract strategies and other initiatives and offerings.
- Develop key market insights through the customer lens and collaborate with Contract Strategy and other Deal Managers on market-based analytics to translate trends and insights into meaningful pricing strategies or modifications as appropriate.
- Prioritize and manage multiple concurrent deliverables for different end users
- A minimum of a BS/BA is required.
- A degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Marketing is preferred. An MBA and/or an advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Contracting, Sales or related business experience is preferred.
- Medical device experience is preferred.
- Ability to use detailed financial analyses and high-level pattern recognition to drive performance is required.
- High proficiency in MS Excel with experience extracting significant detailed data sets from various sources, concatenating, analyzing, and reporting out via dashboard summaries is required.
- Ability to influence and align cross functional partners towards overall business objectives while understanding and respecting individual business objectives.
- Ability to drive rapid and fact-based decision making with imperfect data.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with experience supporting customer negotiations / contract development.
- Experience with sales teams and an understanding of customer needs in J&J businesses is preferred
This role will be deployed to a specific channel within JJ MedTech based on business needs and will be expected to drive successful performance across a broad range of activities and can vary from being an advisor on strategic partnerships and pricing complex deals, to developing a narrower set of options for smaller customers. In addition to demonstrating proficiency in the business and customer landscape, this role will need to possess a balance of quantitative/qualitative problem-solving skills, a sharp strategic mind pulled from insights within J&J as well as the medical device industry and more broadly, excellent written and oral communications, and a focus on driving financial impact.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.