The Senior Manager, Revenue Operations (“Senior Manager”) oversees client setup, revenue recognition, client invoice functions and will assist with managing daily operations and strategic objectives. This role will provide primary support to the Director of Revenue Operations.Why Ryan?
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Hybrid and remote work options
- Award-winning culture
- Generous personal time off (PTO) benefits
- 14 weeks of 100% paid leave for new parents (adoption included)
- Monthly gym membership reimbursement OR gym equipment reimbursement
- Benefits eligibility effective day one
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
- Fertility assistance program
- Four-week company-paid sabbatical eligibility after five years of service
- Create a positive team experience
- Supervise and manage a team of direct reports
- Manage and oversee on shore and off shore billing teams
- Demonstrate excellent professional written and oral communication skills, keen attention to detail
- Drive timely revenue close, prepare reports and track open items to resolution
- Oversee and provide revenue recognition analysis and reporting for month end close process
- Ensure compliance with and maintain documentation related to revenue recognition policies and standards
- Interfaces with Principals and Managers related to client contracts, billing requirements, and revenue recognition
- Provide detailed insight into revenue fluctuations on a monthly basis, investigating transactional drivers between forecasted revenue and actuals; working closely with billing operations and service delivery on root cause
- Review account reconciliations for revenue, deferred revenue, and accounts receivable related accounts
- Responsible for monthly revenue reconciliation between company systems
- Reconcile billing system with ERP
- Research and resolve revenue related issues
- Responsible for documenting KPIs focused on A/R, billing process, engagement processing, and internal client satisfaction ratings
- Assist with data requests for service delivery teams related to revenue recognition
- Prepares periodic management reports as needed
- Participate in process and system reviews and improvements
- Support interim and year-end financial statement audits
- Assists with other projects as needed and other assigned duties
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent with at least six to eight years Accounting and Management experience. Other experience includes:
- Revenue recognition
- Knowledge of accounting across multiple currencies and jurisdictions
- Public company and Sarbanes-Oxley experience preferred
- Workday Finance Platform experience a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate skills in Microsoft® Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, exposure to accounting and billing systems, and Internet navigation/research.Certificates And Licenses
Valid driver’s license required.Supervisory Responsibilities
Directly supervises employees in the Finance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Firm’s policies and applicable laws.Work Environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Occasional long periods of standing.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm; Interface with external vendors also necessary.
- Independent travel requirement: Less than 10%.